Thread poster: BNN Medical Tr.
BNN Medical Tr.
BNN Medical Tr.
Brazil
Local time: 18:57
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 5, 2017

I'd like to suggest that besides the usual options of credit card, PayPal, wire transfer etc. the site also adds bitcoin as an option.

[Edited at 2017-09-05 17:39 GMT]

I figured now that you can choose "other" and manually type it out. I would delete the topic if I could.

[Edited at 2017-09-05 18:10 GMT]

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
uncontrolled bubble-blowing Sep 5, 2017

Considering the contradicting and irrational "infinity" idea (forever growing in number and price for all participants--for good) behind such "private money" without real securities and obligations, I strongly believe such schemes are but disguised pyramid scams to "anonymously" enrich a few 'winners', so I doubt the ProZ should go for it straight ahead.

On the other hand, some people still do prefer an individual case study, learning it a harder way.

BNN Medical Tr.
BNN Medical Tr.
Brazil
Local time: 18:57
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not true Sep 5, 2017

Considering the contradicting and irrational "infinity" idea (forever growing in number and price for all participants--for good) behind such "private money" without real securities and obligations,

You're misinformed. Bitcoin has a hard limit on maximum amount of coins mined, which should be reached around 2022 IIRC. After that there will be no more coins entering the market, so it's not by any means going to be infinite. Governments have started regulating bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as well. Anyway, this is outside the scope of my simple suggestion and would warrant a topic of its own

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:57
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Worth of money is just an agreement Sep 5, 2017

DZiW wrote:
Considering the contradicting and irrational "infinity" idea (forever growing in number and price for all participants--for good) behind such "private money" without real securities and obligations...

Let me ask you a question: if you go with a 500-euro bill to the European Central Bank or your national central bank and ask for the equivalent worth of the bill... what do you get other than very puzzled faces?

In the past, when money was linked to gold, you could have some expectation that, ultimately, after the puzzled faces, and after lots of waiting and battling, you would get a tiny bit of gold whose value was more or less equivalent to your 500-euro bill. Now your 500-euro bill is only worth the confidence other people put in the value of a piece of paper because of the difficulty (and unlawfulness) of producing more 500-euro bills in the comfort of your home. That is all, and the same would apply to the Bitcoin: as long as there are people who believe in its value, it will be worth something. Not very different from the euro or other currencies.

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
... (1) nobody owns or (2) controls Bitcoin and (3) everyone can take part Sep 6, 2017

Who (1) developed, organized, and allegedly "pro bono" provided the rules and means while (2) de facto retaining the control of the crypto*currency system? Why, and (3) at whose expense?

Robin "The Unknown" Hood declarations + Fake anonymity + Transaction history + Virtual mining/farming + No charge back + Bubble-blowing + . . .
Not a Proof-of-work, neither fiat, nor cashless or electronic concept, but rather a Fool standard; a belief.

How about 'digital'
... See more
Who (1) developed, organized, and allegedly "pro bono" provided the rules and means while (2) de facto retaining the control of the crypto*currency system? Why, and (3) at whose expense?

Robin "The Unknown" Hood declarations + Fake anonymity + Transaction history + Virtual mining/farming + No charge back + Bubble-blowing + . . .
Not a Proof-of-work, neither fiat, nor cashless or electronic concept, but rather a Fool standard; a belief.

How about 'digital' beads and mirrors then?--Proz will be unique for sure.
Volatile Ponzi smiles
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bitcoin is as a payment method in our profiles

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »