For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Privacy and Confidentiality for Translators and Interpreters (18K01)

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Privacy and Confidentiality for Translators and Interpreters (18K01)".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Ana Atienza
Ana Atienza  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Too general Feb 4, 2018

I think the speaker took too long stressing the importance of confidentiality for linguists, but I guess that when you pay for a course like this, it means that you're already aware of that need. To be honest, I expected receive more specific tech tools, resources or detailed advice on how to protect our information.

Claudia Brauer
Claudia Brauer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:56
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Too much confidentiality? Feb 6, 2018

Hello, Ana. I am so sorry you feel disappointed by too much confidentiality information. If you let me know what topics you would like covered specifically, I will be more than glad to write a piece just for you and share it with the other individuals who took (and will take in the future) this course. If after all this you are still dis-satisfied, please let us know and we will refund 100% of the fee paid.

After reading your comment, I reviewed the training plan above and the learni
... See more
Hello, Ana. I am so sorry you feel disappointed by too much confidentiality information. If you let me know what topics you would like covered specifically, I will be more than glad to write a piece just for you and share it with the other individuals who took (and will take in the future) this course. If after all this you are still dis-satisfied, please let us know and we will refund 100% of the fee paid.

After reading your comment, I reviewed the training plan above and the learning objectives and I truly believe that I met 100% of both, the learning objectives and the training plan. Moreover, I provided many tools and advise on how to protect your equipment, your search operations and your materials. Moreover, slides 79 to 92 specifically talk about how to protect your information, including slide 90 (and its attachments on the reference materials) about password protection. Slides 142 to 150 address security of information in the 21st century.

If you read the course description, it clearly indicates that it is "a quick overview of the fundamentals of confidentiality in business and government, and provides easy and ready-to-use tools to ensure compliance with the basic requirements for online, financial and - especially - medical privacy." I did provide those tools in the form of the templates and suggestions.

The above said, again, I am very sorry that you were hoping for a different type of information. If you let me know what it was I was short on, I will immediately create a presentation with those topics and you will have free access to it.

Thank you for your comments. Our student's points of view always keep us on our toes!

Regards
Claudia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Privacy and Confidentiality for Translators and Interpreters (18K01)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »