Improvements to the invoicing tool
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:57
Dutch to English
another email address when sending invoices Oct 8, 2013

I'd like to use another email address when sending invoices.

I second that! This has been on many people's wishlist for ages.

Regards,

Olly

Nitin Goyal
Nitin Goyal  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 19:27
Member (2007)
Punjabi to English
+ ...
Currently, I just write the price information for quote in the email body Oct 15, 2013

Jason Grimes wrote:

Nitin Goyal wrote:
I was just wondering if it is at all possible for you to add a Quote feature within the Invoices tool.

I can currently send quotes through Proz.com for the advertised jobs only. It would be great if I could generate quotes (like invoices) for my regular clients too, whenever I get a request for a quote.

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Others have also asked for a tool like this.

What do you use for creating quotes today? What do your quotes look like (i.e. what information do they include)? How do you track the quotes you have sent out?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason

Currently, I write all rate information alongwith the proposed payment terms in the body of the email, the disadvantage is that this system is not organized as I am likely to forget my old quotes. If I can see all the information at one place on Proz.com, it would be great.

Basically it contains all the same information which we include in an invoice, so if the client approves my quote and assigns the job to me, it would be great if I can convert the same quote in an invoice by using a button.

Please let me know if I need to clarify my suggestion further.

Nitin Goyal

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 09:57
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Added currency conversion to "sales by client" report Oct 17, 2013

Christopher & Rozilene Frye wrote:
It is very helpful that the total of invoices is converted into USD. Now if they could only do the same thing for "Sales by Client"...

The "sales by client" report now supports showing combined totals with amounts converted into a common currency.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Added support for changing the sender of invoicing emails Oct 18, 2013

Lars Johannessen wrote:
I'd like to use another email address when sending invoices. I'd like to separate invoicing related messages and translation messages.

It's now possible to specify a custom name and email address from which invoices (and other invoicing related emails) are sent. If you don't specify a custom email sender, the name and email address from your profile will continue to be used instead.

You can specify the email sender in the company information in your invoice settings.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Jason

Partha Sarathi Satpathy
Partha Sarathi Satpathy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 19:27
English to Hindi
+ ...
Primarily there are 2 type of clients Oct 19, 2013

Jason Grimes wrote:

Partha Sarathi Satpathy wrote:
Is it possible to enhance the Payment Reminder tool with a "Selective Payment Reminder" feature?

Hi Partha,

Thanks for the suggestion. What would this feature do exactly?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Primarily there are 2 type of clients
1. They generally pay on time and don't need a reminder.
2. They need reminder(s)

I want to send the Auto-Reminder to group 2 only.

Please advice

John Fry
John Fry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:57
Member (2010)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Rate column displays 6.5 as 7 when currency is JPY Oct 24, 2013

I just tried to make an invoice with JPY as the currency. I entered a line with Rate set to 6.5. It calculates the correct total in JPY, but in the actual invoice it displays the Rate as 7. Even though the total amount is correct, I don't want the client to think I'm charging 7 when I'm actually charging 6.5 JPY per source character. When I reset the currency to USD, it displays the Rate correctly as 6.5.

Sophie Govaere McConnell
Sophie Govaere McConnell
France
Member (2008)
English to French
Change of address Oct 25, 2013

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to thank you; since I've started using this tool, invoicing has become quick and painless for me.
I'd also like to contribute: I've just changed address and updated my profile. The new invoices, that I save under drafts until I send them, have been updated properly. However, the closed and already sent (open) invoices have been updated as well. I think there's an option missing here to give us the choice between updating all the invoices (in case it'
... See more
Hi,

First of all, I'd like to thank you; since I've started using this tool, invoicing has become quick and painless for me.
I'd also like to contribute: I've just changed address and updated my profile. The new invoices, that I save under drafts until I send them, have been updated properly. However, the closed and already sent (open) invoices have been updated as well. I think there's an option missing here to give us the choice between updating all the invoices (in case it's just correcting a mistake or changing something minor) or only updating the new invoices (and the drafts) in case of a move.
Thanks for all the good work!
Best regards,

Sophie Mc Connell
Collapse

susan rose (X)
susan rose (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:57
German to English
Where is the forum "Like" button? Oct 25, 2013

Dear Jason,
I REALLY appreciate the invoicing tool. I don't know what I would do without it. And I like all of the improvements you make. I especially like the multiple currencies addition, as I do work in multiple currencies. Thank you for all your work!

Steve Sutcliffe
Steve Sutcliffe  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:57
French to English
Different sizes of PDF export Nov 6, 2013

Hi Jason

I actually joined PROZ because of your invoicing system, which is much more translator friendly and cost-effective than any other system I could find

I just have one request which may or may not be easy to implement.

I have one client that has an online system that requires my invoices to be LETTER (US) size rather than A4. At the moment I have to download the A4 version and convert
... See more
Hi Jason

I actually joined PROZ because of your invoicing system, which is much more translator friendly and cost-effective than any other system I could find

I just have one request which may or may not be easy to implement.

I have one client that has an online system that requires my invoices to be LETTER (US) size rather than A4. At the moment I have to download the A4 version and convert to LETTER. Maybe it would be possible to have the option to download the PDF as Letter size?

That's all!

Regards and thanks
Steve
Collapse

Lauren DeAre
Lauren DeAre  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:57
Spanish to English
Not exporting to PDF correctly Nov 6, 2013

Hi there,
As of this morning I am no longer able to use the "Export to PDF" function for invoices. The error message from Acrobat says that the file has been corrupted in the sending process. I've found a work around that works but I wonder what the problem may be? Firefox updated recently but I get the same message from Chrome and have tried a restart...

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
New feature request: add attachment Nov 11, 2013

Hi Jason,

I have another request if it's doable. I'd like to be able to add additional attachments alongside the invoice itself when sending email.

Regards,

Olly

Kitty Brussaard

Nicolas Racine
Nicolas Racine  Identity Verified
English to French
Question about quotes Nov 12, 2013

Hello Jason,

I read your previous answer regarding using the actual system to send quote.

I created a quote template I created. The only problem I see is that I cannot save the quote as draft and create a PDF to send it because there is no "export to PDF" option for draft document (which is understandable since they're supposed to be draft).

Would it be possible to add the option?

What I do right now is create a job with the quote template, and
... See more
Hello Jason,

I read your previous answer regarding using the actual system to send quote.

I created a quote template I created. The only problem I see is that I cannot save the quote as draft and create a PDF to send it because there is no "export to PDF" option for draft document (which is understandable since they're supposed to be draft).

Would it be possible to add the option?

What I do right now is create a job with the quote template, and delete it if it is not accepted, however, this creates problems with invoice numbering.

Thanks!
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Small issue: day of the week missing Nov 15, 2013

I noticed that the days of the week are no longer displayed when selecting dates from the dropdown menu, which is a wee bit of a pity.

Regards,

Olly

François-Xavier Pâque
François-Xavier Pâque
Belgium
Member (2010)
Russian to French
+ ...
Client export Dec 30, 2013

Dear Jason,

Maybe I am wrong, but I can't find a way to export clients in els or csc past page 1, or all together.

This is needed for many reasons, especially in the end of year

Maja Walczak
Maja Walczak
Poland
Member (2012)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Polish Jan 10, 2014

Would it be possible to translate it into Polish?

Regards,
Maja

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Improvements to the invoicing tool

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »