Poland
Local time: 18:24
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Main topic Nov 16, 2016

Thank you, Artem!

[quote]Artem Vakhitov wrote:

On the main topic — congratulations, Igor! That's one nice egg in the basket.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:24
English to Turkish
+ ...
Great News Nov 16, 2016

Congratulations to ProZ.com first, they selected a great CAT tool. I remember the days when I first asked for a special CafeTran forum to be created (and then served as the moderator of that forum for a period). And thanks Igor... it was not easy for you to develop the tool (sometimes nightly builds to add features requested by users), provide help on several forums but now it is a competitor to other large companies.

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Time stood still Nov 16, 2016

I do remember it! Big 'thank you' to you Selcuk and to the other early users especially. Those nightly builds have been just fun. It is almost midnight here and another nightly build is under way to solve Samuel's tall screen issue: http://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/308854-how_to_see_truncated_menus_and_text.html.

[E
... See more
I do remember it! Big 'thank you' to you Selcuk and to the other early users especially. Those nightly builds have been just fun. It is almost midnight here and another nightly build is under way to solve Samuel's tall screen issue: http://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/308854-how_to_see_truncated_menus_and_text.html.

[Edited at 2016-11-16 22:41 GMT]
Collapse

Laura Kingdon
Laura Kingdon  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:24
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
How do I get the license, though? Nov 17, 2016

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hi Anas,

Please check out the video instruction on how to sign in to ProZ.com from CafeTran Espresso and activate the full version included in the Plus package:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/6000158973-signing-in-to-proz-com-account

Igor

I followed the steps there, but to sign in, I have to allow CafeTrans to "write KudoZ information on [my] behalf" and "Manage 'What I'm working on now' data on [my] behalf" and "Upload media files on [my] behalf". I don't want it to do any of those things; I just want the license. Can I get the license somehow without giving it all these permissions or, at the very least, can I give it permission and then immediately revoke that permission after getting the license?

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
ProZ.com services Nov 17, 2016

Hello Laura,

CafeTran needs to connect to ProZ.com to recognize that your Plus package is active and let you do the following:

- Ask and answer KudoZ questions (write KudoZ information on [my] behalf)
- Write about "What are you working on" ('What I'm working on now' data on [my] behalf)
- Attach photos to "What am I working on" messages ("Upload media files on [my] behalf")

The program DOES NOT do any of the above on its own. It is only you wh
... See more
Hello Laura,

CafeTran needs to connect to ProZ.com to recognize that your Plus package is active and let you do the following:

- Ask and answer KudoZ questions (write KudoZ information on [my] behalf)
- Write about "What are you working on" ('What I'm working on now' data on [my] behalf)
- Attach photos to "What am I working on" messages ("Upload media files on [my] behalf")

The program DOES NOT do any of the above on its own. It is only you who can ask and answer a KudoZ question from CafeTran, write about what you are are working on and attach a photo to your message. The above services can be used only when you wish so. You have them at your fingertips but you don't have to use them.

Technically, it would be possible to implement the ProZ.com connection without using any of the services but currently it connects with the ability to let you access them.

Laura Kingdon wrote:

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hi Anas,

Please check out the video instruction on how to sign in to ProZ.com from CafeTran Espresso and activate the full version included in the Plus package:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/6000158973-signing-in-to-proz-com-account

Igor

I followed the steps there, but to sign in, I have to allow CafeTrans to "write KudoZ information on [my] behalf" and "Manage 'What I'm working on now' data on [my] behalf" and "Upload media files on [my] behalf". I don't want it to do any of those things; I just want the license. Can I get the license somehow without giving it all these permissions or, at the very least, can I give it permission and then immediately revoke that permission after getting the license?
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Floating license? Nov 17, 2016

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hello Igor,

Does this mean that we can use this activation via the Proz Plus package as the long-awaited 'floating license'?

(In case of a computer crash, this would allow us to move to a new computer without the need to request a new license key.)

Hoping,

Hans

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Plus activation Nov 17, 2016

That's right.

CafeTran Training wrote:

Does this mean that we can use this activation via the Proz Plus package as the long-awaited 'floating license'?

Hans

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:24
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
I have J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10 Nov 17, 2016

Would that be the wrong version?

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hi Heinrich,

Please make sure you have the latest Java (JRE) installed on your Windows system. If your Windows is 64-bit, it is preferable to install Java 64-bit as well:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

Also, check this video on how to run CafeTran's installer.

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/6000159054-installing-cafetran-espresso-on-windows

Igor

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

I downloaded twice the jar-file, but installation does not proceed.

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Java 5 not supported Nov 17, 2016

Yes, Java 5 is quite old (released in 2004) and it is not longer functional with CafeTran. Please see this article on the recommended Java version:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/6000120262-what-java-version-is-recommended-for-cafetran-

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Would that be the wrong version?

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hi Heinrich,

Please make sure you have the latest Java (JRE) installed on your Windows system. If your Windows is 64-bit, it is preferable to install Java 64-bit as well:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

Also, check this video on how to run CafeTran's installer.

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/6000159054-installing-cafetran-espresso-on-windows

Igor

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

I downloaded twice the jar-file, but installation does not proceed.

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
CafeTran & MyMemory Nov 19, 2016

Hello, I have been looking into CafeTran and I'm deeply impressed! Its a good CAT-tool... But I wanted to know if there is a way to disconnect from MyMemory feature (I can't), because most of my documents are confidential or under a NDA.

Thank you

María Diehn
María Diehn  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Amazing bonus, CafeTran Espresso is an outstanding CAT tool... Nov 19, 2016

I bought it's license at the same time that I upgraded my PROZ.COM pro membership to plus. I am pleased that I did, because CafeTean is worth every penny and way more. This is a simple, intuitive, feature-length, fascinating tool, and has
great customer service, directly from its developer. Thanks!

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Disconnect MyMemory via the Dashboard Nov 20, 2016

Hi Susana,

Please uncheck the MyMemory box in the "Other services and resources" panel of the Dashboard (initial) screen to disconnect MyMemory MT service.

Susana E. Cano Méndez wrote:

Hello, I have been looking into CafeTran and I'm deeply impressed! Its a good CAT-tool... But I wanted to know if there is a way to disconnect from MyMemory feature (I can't), because most of my documents are confidential or under a NDA.

Thank you

Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
DVX3 Nov 21, 2016

Great bonus! Thank you!

Does anybody know how and if it is possible to export a TM/TB from DVX3 to use it in CT? I presume I can export a .tmx file from DVX and import it to CT, but is that simple? Should I consider exporting in another format?

Any help would be appreciated. When I find some spare time, I would like to give CT a try. However, I wouldn't be able to do it without my TM/TB I have built in DVX.

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
It's that simple Nov 21, 2016

Merab Dekano wrote:

Great bonus! Thank you!

Does anybody know how and if it is possible to export a TM/TB from DVX3 to use it in CT? I presume I can export a .tmx file from DVX and import it to CT, but is that simple? Should I consider exporting in another format?

Just export to TMX indeed. You can use that right away for first tests.

Cannot remember whether Déjà Vu allows you to suppress the {989} tags in the TMX.

If not, run a Find and Replace action with a regular expression to clean the TMX file in CafeTran.

(Something like \{\d+\} -- but I take it that you're quite familiair with regular expressions.)

In a later stage you might want to look for ways to have the positions of tags in the Déjà Vu TM preserved in the CafeTran TMX -- but that's a discussion for the CafeTran forum here.

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
TMX Nov 21, 2016

Hi Merab,

When importing/opening in CafeTran the translation memories created in other tools, TMX files are the best way to do it. For terminology, you might try the Ms Excel path if your tool allows to export terms to Excel columns.

Igor

Merab Dekano wrote:

Great bonus! Thank you!

Any help would be appreciated. When I find some spare time, I would like to give CT a try. However, I wouldn't be able to do it without my TM/TB I have built in DVX.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plus features: Basket item #1 -- CafeTran Espresso

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »