Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12] >
Project History (plus feedback!) features updated. Members are invited to use it!
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
How to make projects visible in "Project history" profile section Aug 26, 2010

Hi Soonthon,

I just checked your "Project history" and I discovered that, out of 45 projects you added, 21 have not been made visible yet. This is why the counter shows 24 (the counter only takes into account projects that are visible).

To make these 21 projects visible in the "Project history" section of your profile, simply visit your Project history editing page and click on "[Make visible]" next to
... See more
Hi Soonthon,

I just checked your "Project history" and I discovered that, out of 45 projects you added, 21 have not been made visible yet. This is why the counter shows 24 (the counter only takes into account projects that are visible).

To make these 21 projects visible in the "Project history" section of your profile, simply visit your Project history editing page and click on "[Make visible]" next to the projects that are grayed out in the list (i.e. invisible). This should work. If not, please let me know and I'll do this for you.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know how everything goes.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 15:49
English to Thai
+ ...
Many thanks. Aug 26, 2010

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:
To make these 21 projects visible in the "Project history" section of your profile, simply visit your Project history editing page and click on "[Make visible]" next to the projects that are grayed out in the list (i.e. invisible). This should work. If not, please let me know and I'll do this for you.
Lucia

Many thanks. I have been very busy and ignored many new features/instructions of Proz.com as well as its instruction. I now set visible status to all projects. Many thanks.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
My pleasure, Soonthon Aug 26, 2010

Just let me know if you need help with anything else.

Regards,

Lucia

Alain Alameddine
Alain Alameddine  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 10:49
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
What is the link to my PH? Nov 6, 2010

Hello,

Is there any link that leads only to my project history, and not to my whole profile/including my PH?

Alain

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
No direct link to PH available Nov 8, 2010

Hello Alain,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I am afraid there is no direct link to the Project History section in profiles. Let me take this as a suggestion then and add it to our backlog of ideas for profile improvement.

Thanks!

Lucia

Joel Pina Diaz
Joel Pina Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Removing the spider's web about PH input. Dec 13, 2010

Hi everyone,

I decided to ask my customer to input on my Project history once job was delivered and possible feedback available. Most of them immediately answer me YES. I have 10 projects on ProZ already and only 5 with feed back, main reason for this, every single customer (including two with feedback NO comments) argumented that the process to input the information on the PH is quite difficult and they did not understand. Please let me know if some of you agree to this and if so,
... See more
Hi everyone,

I decided to ask my customer to input on my Project history once job was delivered and possible feedback available. Most of them immediately answer me YES. I have 10 projects on ProZ already and only 5 with feed back, main reason for this, every single customer (including two with feedback NO comments) argumented that the process to input the information on the PH is quite difficult and they did not understand. Please let me know if some of you agree to this and if so, I can request a review from Proz.com staff.

I appreciate your comments and support.

Thanks.
Collapse

Serhan Elmacıoğlu

Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 10:49
English to Russian
+ ...
The same opinion Jun 29, 2011

Joel Pina Diaz wrote:

Hi everyone,

I decided to ask my customer to input on my Project history once job was delivered and possible feedback available. Most of them immediately answer me YES. I have 10 projects on ProZ already and only 5 with feed back, main reason for this, every single customer (including two with feedback NO comments) argumented that the process to input the information on the PH is quite difficult and they did not understand. Please let me know if some of you agree to this and if so, I can request a review from Proz.com staff.

I appreciate your comments and support.

Thanks.

yesterday I asked one of my outsourcers to make a positive entry for the project I completed for him, and the feedback which I saw in the morning today was ... NEGATIVE!

He told me then that he wanted to leave a positive entry, but somehow botched all up. Now I have a WWA entry form this outsources saying that he will work with me, as well as a negative message for the project I completed for him. Silly but true.

I asked him to re-send his message (I was told by the support dep. that it was possible to re-ask his feedback), but it may be that he was not able to do it - just because it is too complicated.

I just hid the project with the negative feedback.

[Edited at 2011-06-29 14:21 GMT]

Lourdes Zalcik
Lourdes Zalcik  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
Is project history in English and Spanish possible? Jul 4, 2011

Some clients who speak English and some clients who speak Spanish may want to check my project history. Is there a way to please them both?
I want to know which way is best:

1) enter some projects in English and some in Spanish
2) make an English Entry and a Spanish entry for the same project
3) make an English/Spanish entry

Lourdes Zalcik
Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same issue here Jul 18, 2011

Konstantin Kisin wrote:

I am glad to hear you have some ideas on this and share my view of the situation! My problem is that I would like to start using this feature as soon as possible but I do not want to contact my clients for corroboration until I have decided whether or not I will ask (some of) them to allow me to name them (otherwise I may have trouble later + I don't want to have to contact them twice). This decision will be made when I see what the final system looks like and from speaking to other people that is the case with others as well. Obviously, this may pose certain problems for your data collection...

My clients are very sensitive about privacy. They don't want to be mentioned, named, or even the translation subjects to be disclosed sometimes. I do translations for clients in the pharmaceutical industry. They say if I mention the illness even in a general way, I am giving them away because there are not too many labs doing research for such illness.

Lourdes Zalcik
Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
I agree with Konstantin Jul 18, 2011

Unfortunately, in searches, statistics, rankings, which is how Internet works, he who has the more entries will have the most exposure and the most chances to be seen, and those who are seen the most also stand the most chances to be hired.

Walter Landesman wrote:

Konstantin Kisin wrote:
I'm just thinking about the consequences of this for the directory. Given what I currently see it seems to me that the person with the highest number of project history entries will look like the most active/best translator, which means that adding the word "select" is useless, since it will be in everyone's best interest to add all their projects and it will not be select at all. Perhaps a mere Corroborated/Available/Not available would be a better way to encourage selective entries rather than daily updates?
Otherwise we could see things like: I have a regular client who sends me work every week. Every week I add a new project from that client to bump up my number of projects improving how my directory info looks. Someone else may have got 1 project for a year and done 500k words and thus only have 1 entry while I may have done, say , 100k words, but have 40 entries...I have done 1/5 of his work but I look 40 times more active...
My previous concerns from the initial thread remain as well.

Sorry to disagree with you, Konstantin. "The person with the highest number of project history entries" does not have to be "the most active or best translator". Besides, "active" does not mean "best" either.

I can be a bad translator and:
1. have many jobs done and entered all of them in that page;
2. have just a few jobs done, but entered all of them;
3. have many jobs done, but chose (for different reasons) to enter only a few.

Or else, I might be an excellent translator and:
1. have many jobs done and entered all of them in that page;
2. have just a few jobs done, but entered all of them there;
3. have many jobs done, but chose (for different reasons) to enter only a few.

A high number of jobs included does not mean quality nor being busy.

On the other hand, a very busy pro might not be attactive to agencies and outsourcers: they may think he/she is too busy to take good care of their assignment or that he/she might charge too much and be too expensive.

Furthermore, you don´t have to make ALL your projects public. You choose. You may select a few, different topics, fields, outsourcers, that you consider representative of your professional work. You keep the rest for yourself and use this feature just for your own records. The public stuff (the SELECT Projects) is for marketing purposes. The rest is for you to keep good records of your production, to have your own project history. That is why - following member`s request in the original forum http://www.proz.com/topic/39771 - the word SELECT was added. And I believe it was a good and wise thing.

It´s for you to manage it. It`s just a matter of balance.
This is how I understand this feature.

[Edited at 2005-12-09 23:03]

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Direct link to PH Dec 15, 2011

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hello Alain,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I am afraid there is no direct link to the Project History section in profiles. Let me take this as a suggestion then and add it to our backlog of ideas for profile improvement.

Thanks!

Lucia

Good morning, Lucia.

Has Proz implemented this feature? It would be great!

Kind regards!

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:49
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feature has not been implemented Dec 15, 2011

Hello Yaotl,

I'm sorry, but that feature has not been implemented. It is possible it will be implemented when profiles are updated, eventually.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Jonah Ondieki
Jonah Ondieki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:49
Member (2014)
English to Swahili
+ ...
I am unable to enhance my profile by adding the projects that I have done. May 7, 2012

I have tried to check in the projects I have done through proz.com and everytime I submit it tell me, "something went wrong!" I repeat and the same happens again!

Is there any simplier way of doing it? Assistance please.

Jonah Ondieki
Jonah Ondieki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:49
Member (2014)
English to Swahili
+ ...
Guide me! May 7, 2012

Hi,
Please guide me to know how I can make fill in my projects and make them visible!

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:49
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
What steps are you following? May 7, 2012

Hello Jonah,

Could you please supply more information about the problem you are experiencing? That will help me look into this. Please tell me what steps you are following exactly, and at what step of the process you see the "Something went wrong" message. You may reply here directly or submit a support request.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project History (plus feedback!) features updated. Members are invited to use it!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »