Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12] >
Project History (plus feedback!) features updated. Members are invited to use it!
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Pavel Blann
Pavel Blann  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 08:46
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
Current PH does not make any sense Apr 26, 2008

Project History is a good idea using a strange logic that makes it non-sensical:

1. You can delete a project with positive feedback. Who in his/her right mind would like to delete projects with positive feedback? To finally become neutral or even negative?

2. You cannot delete a project with neutral feedback. What's wrong with deleting a project with a "No comment" feedback from a lazy (or something else) outsourcer?

3. You cannot delete a project with nega
... See more
Project History is a good idea using a strange logic that makes it non-sensical:

1. You can delete a project with positive feedback. Who in his/her right mind would like to delete projects with positive feedback? To finally become neutral or even negative?

2. You cannot delete a project with neutral feedback. What's wrong with deleting a project with a "No comment" feedback from a lazy (or something else) outsourcer?

3. You cannot delete a project with negative feedback. You enter your successful projects but due to non-payment (or something else) the outsourcer turns negative--Why can't you delete such feedback?

Suggestions:

A. DON'T use PH until it's fixed using a normal logic or until there is some arbitration and solution of disputes.

B. IF you must use PH: BEFORE entering a project and asking the outsourcer for feedback please make sure in writing that you WILL receive positive feedback.

C. IF you used PH and received neutral/negative feedback OR the feedback is pending AND you want to delete the projects in question THEN you have to cancel your profile and create a new one.
Collapse

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:46
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
The logic of PH Apr 26, 2008

Pavel Blann wrote:
Current PH does not make any sense

3. You cannot delete a project with negative feedback. You enter your successful projects but due to non-payment (or something else) the outsourcer turns negative--Why can't you delete such feedback?

Hi Pavel,

If people could ask for feedback and delete all but the positive one, that feedback tool would be meaningless. Even if you had only positive feedback from your outsourcers, visitors could assume that maybe you received all kinds of feedback and deleted the positive and neutral ones.

On the other hand, you could assume that deleting an entry with positive feedback is not done in order to achieve unfair advantage.

Regards,
Enrique

855649 (X)
855649 (X)  Identity Verified

Local time: 14:46
English to Chinese
+ ...
Is it just me or is our "Profile Checklist" not being updated? Jul 6, 2008

I like the idea so far, but I've also encountered one problem that I'm itching to figure out.
I've had our (my partner and I) Project History filled out for awhile now, with positives and confirmations. But in our Profile Checklist, it's still labeled as a +0. Yet when I click "edit" right next to "Project History" on the Profile Checklist page, it just brings me back to all history entries. There's nothing else to modify or show. I'm a missing something or is the point tally for PH a
... See more
I like the idea so far, but I've also encountered one problem that I'm itching to figure out.
I've had our (my partner and I) Project History filled out for awhile now, with positives and confirmations. But in our Profile Checklist, it's still labeled as a +0. Yet when I click "edit" right next to "Project History" on the Profile Checklist page, it just brings me back to all history entries. There's nothing else to modify or show. I'm a missing something or is the point tally for PH a little off?
Collapse

Kai Döring
Kai Döring  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 14:46
English to German
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
What is about the Umlaute (ö, ä, ü) ?!? Aug 31, 2008

Hi!

I recognized when I reply to the comment my name is not written correctly since the Umlaut can not be displayed.

Regards,

Kai

Elena Carbonell
Elena Carbonell  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Maximum amount of projects Oct 13, 2008

This morning I decided to update my Project History which I haven't touched in almost a year. When I started I had 23 projects. After entering five projects I still have 23 projects.
Is there a bug? Is that the maximum amount of projects you can add?

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
You have to make the projects visible Oct 22, 2008

Elena Carbonell wrote:

This morning I decided to update my Project History which I haven't touched in almost a year. When I started I had 23 projects. After entering five projects I still have 23 projects.
Is there a bug? Is that the maximum amount of projects you can add?

Hi Elena,

I understand the problem was solved.

Once a project is created, the profile owner has to select in each case the option to make it visible.

Regards,
Enrique

translatorvasan
translatorvasan
India
Local time: 12:16
English to Tamil
+ ...
can I enter projects undertook outside proz.com Jul 2, 2009

Henry D wrote:

The Project History (SM)* feature released last week has been updated based on member feedback. Our thanks go to Natalya, Dinny, Konstantin, Jabberwock, Heike, Walter, Mihai, Deborah and others for their valuable input.

Walter Landesman has already entered a series of projects, of which he has chosen four projects to make visible in his profile. Of the four projects, two have been corroborated by outsourcers, and in each of those cases, feedback was also entered. Have a look to see an example of how the option to make projects visible can help you to communicate your experience, expertise and client satisfaction.

Ines Burrell is showing 7 projects, 2 of which have feedback from ProZ.com platinum members.

Now, we invite other members to begin making use of this feature. We ask you to continue sending feedback (in this thread) so that we can continue improving this important new feature.

For those who did not see the first announcement, here are the details of the new system:

* Your "project history" allows you to track past projects completed, along with data on language pairs, fields, volume, client, etc.

* One application of the page is personal organization. You can use the system to keep a personal history, to track payments, etc. Your project history page is visible only to you, and by default, information entered on projects will not be seen by others.

* List any project you've done, whether or not the work came from a client met via ProZ.com.

* It is possible to select projects from your project history, and make general details about them appear to others via a "Project History" tab in your profile page. This provides a way for you to highlight relevant experience in a way that may be useful to potential clients.

* Potentially sensitive details, such as the name of a client, are not visible to anyone but you, by default. However, the option to show client names exists--provided that this is agreed to by both you and your client.

* To instill trust in potential clients, you will have the option of asking your clients to corroborate your project records.

* You also have the option of inviting your client to provide general feedback (positive, negative, neutral) on your work on the project.

* When an outsourcer searches the directory, the number of projects you have completed in the pair and field, and the number corroborated, will be shown.

* NEW! If you have worked with ProZ.com colleagues on a project, you can request corroboration and feedback, just as you have from the outsourcers. (This corroboration is handled and displayed separately from that of clients.)

* Project histories are a platinum-only feature. Beta testing is also platinum-only. ("Jobs"-type partial platinum members also have access to this feature.)

We anticipate that this project history feature will provide a convenient means for translators to keep track of their work, and further, for top translators to differentiate themselves based on professional experience and client satisfaction.

Conversely, for outsourcers requiring translators specialized in certain areas, the project history profile tab will provide additional information that may be useful when identifying candidates for further qualification.

http://www.proz.com/ph

* The term "Project History" is a service mark of ProZ.com.

Copyright (c) 2005 ProZ.com. All rights reserved.

Gabriel Csaba
Gabriel Csaba  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not crazy about corroboration/feedback Aug 8, 2009

* To instill trust in potential clients, you will have the option of asking your clients to corroborate your project records.
* You also have the option of inviting your client to provide general feedback (positive, negative, neutral) on your work on the project.

My problem with this particular feature is that it's not really an option: if corroborations and positive feedbacks are meant to instill trust, their lack is bo
... See more

My problem with this particular feature is that it's not really an option: if corroborations and positive feedbacks are meant to instill trust, their lack is bound to cause the opposite effect.

Most of my clients have a non-Proz origin, and most of the work I do comes from a core of die-hard direct clients, who have no relation with the translation industry whatsoever. I wouldn't even think of bugging them with corroboration or feedback requests, when in fact they consistently provide me with both via timely payments.

Up to this point, you're entitled to say it's up to me, but --what about the "instilling trust" bit?

Will an uncorroborated project with no feedback entry smell funny to an outsourcer perusing my profile? It would to me.

Should I then keep annoying my existing clients with emails requesting them to link over here and work for me (!) in order to not instill distrust in potential clients?

Or should I forget about updating my PH entirely? Oh, wait - that looks funny too.

See my point?

[Edited at 2009-08-08 21:28 GMT]
Collapse

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Someone can correct the answer feature on Kudoz page? Thanx! Aug 8, 2009

All the answers beginn with "1" instead of a letter, at least in Spanish.

See at :

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/german_to_spanish/automotive_cars_trucks/3392309-et_versorgung.html

Answers:

Comentarios de otros usuarios sobre esta respuesta (y réplicas del usuario que envió la respuesta
... See more

See at :

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/german_to_spanish/automotive_cars_trucks/3392309-et_versorgung.html

Answers:

Comentarios de otros usuarios sobre esta respuesta (y réplicas del usuario que envió la respuesta)
Coincido Cristina intern: *1*(ET) Ersatzteile kaufen im Autoteile Onlineshop " - www.atu.de/ersatz-und-verschleissteile/.../vitara-et/
3 minutos
-> *1*ieln Dank, Cristina! [Click here to delete your reply] [Click here to edit your reply]
Coincido Walter Blass
34 minutos
-> *1*ielen Dank, Walter! [Click here to delete your reply] [Click here to edit your reply]
Coincido Jutta Deichselberger: 1T = Ersatzteil; Einzelteil würde mich wundern...
14 horas
-> 1ielen Dank, Jutta! [Click here to delete your reply] [Click here to edit your reply]
Coincido Ivan Nieves
17 horas
-> *1*uchas gracias, Iván! [Click here to delete your reply] [Click here to edit your reply]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi 'pbouvier' Aug 8, 2009

The staff has been already notified - I have submitted a support request as I observe exactly the same bug in my language pairs.

Natalia

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:46
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - fixed! Aug 9, 2009

pbouvier wrote:

See at :

Thank you for this bug report! It has been fixed.

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Thanx a lot for the support and quick fixing, Henry and the staff :D Aug 9, 2009

Henry D wrote:

pbouvier wrote:

See at :

Thank you for this bug report! It has been fixed.

Judith Hehir
Judith Hehir  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:46
Russian to English
+ ...
I am experiencing the same Aug 31, 2009

Elvira Stoianov wrote:

I haven't had too much time to check out this new feature which I find great. I have entered the last project I have worked on and checked the box to make it public, but when I click on visitor's view, there is no project history. Does anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.

Elvira,
Has anybody clued you in as to the solution? I am having the same problem. Thanks.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Try the visibility toggle Aug 31, 2009

Hi Judith,

I see you have your Project History toggled to "invisible". You can change this by clicking on the visibility toggle (the two little arrows) you will see next to the "Project History" section of your profile.

Best regards,

Jared

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 13:46
English to Thai
+ ...
My PH is constant at 24 Aug 26, 2010

Walter Landesman wrote:
Well, you are right. A number is shown. That number is supposed to be number of total entries and number of corroborations. Translators are not listed according to that number, though. But, as you say, numbers are shown. I take it that`s for people to see and check. It`s optional, anyway. I don´t mind.

BUT THOSE NUMBERS ARE WRONG. I HAVE 4, IT SHOWS 1. I HAVE 2 COOROBORATED, IT SHOWS 1.

My experience is the same: it is constant at 24 for months. I added about 100 projects. My actual projects are in my invoices: about 220 a year.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project History (plus feedback!) features updated. Members are invited to use it!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »