Steven Ritchie
Steven Ritchie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:50
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2019

The following scam email arrived in my inbox about 9 hours ago from the following email address:

Dallas, GT4T developer [email protected] via amazonses.com

It invites you to click a link to "simply click here to tell me this email is unwanted." (the link is the words "click here") . I did NOT click it of course. Therefore I am posting this to warn others not to click anything if they receive the same or a similar ema
... See more
The following scam email arrived in my inbox about 9 hours ago from the following email address:

Dallas, GT4T developer [email protected] via amazonses.com

It invites you to click a link to "simply click here to tell me this email is unwanted." (the link is the words "click here") . I did NOT click it of course. Therefore I am posting this to warn others not to click anything if they receive the same or a similar email.

Proz.com Glossary has been added to GT4T!

Hi Steven,

I am the developer of GT4T. I write to you because as a translator, you may find GT4T helpful. Send me a reply or simply click here to tell me this email is unwanted.

Proz.com Glossary has been added to GT4T! You can now select a term anywhere in any program and press Ctrl+d (Cmd+d on Mac) to check Proz.com Glossary results without having to leave your work and open a browser.

GT4T grabs translation suggestions from Google Translate, Microsoft Translator, DeepL, Yandex, Linguee, Glosbe, WordReference, and Microsoft Terminology, IATE, all without having to leave your work and open a browser.

GT4T works as a super add-on to all Windows and MacOS based apps or CATs. You can select some source text anywhere and press ctrl+j (Cmd+j in Mac), and you get translation suggestions from multiple MT Engines or dictionaries in a neat little pop-up.

And then you can pick one from the list to insert where you are typing.

And the amazing dictionary feature: select a word anywhere and press ctrl+d (Cmd+d in Mac), you get a pop-up of results. Highlight one and press Enter to insert!

It also offers special shortcuts to translate segments in all major CAT tools.

Helpful without being complex. Check out this youtube video to see how easy it is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9XxHSkhqTI&feature=youtu.be

Use the following link to download. It is free!

https://gt4t.net/en/gt4t_download.php
Thank you. Let me know if there is anything.

Sincerely,

Cao Shou Guang, translator and developer

https://gt4t.net/

1688 Zuchongzhi Lu,
Kunshan, Suzhou,
Jiangsu province, PR China 215300

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:50
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Are you absolutely sure it's a scam? Apr 25, 2019

https://www.proz.com/forum/post_editing_machine_translation/320828-50_discount_for_gt4t_with_promotion_code.html

John Fossey
Jorge Payan

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:50
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Appears legit Apr 25, 2019

Perhaps the OP can say why he thinks it's a scam. As far as can be seen by the post, the links all lead to gt4t's legitimate website. amazonses is a legitimate email broadcast service by Amazon Simple Email Services.

Gerard de Noord
MoSpa
Jorge Payan

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 04:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not a scam Apr 27, 2019

Sometimes people can be a bit too paranoid about this kind of thing. I've been using GT4T for a few years now and Dallas has always been quick to respond and help with any minor issues I've had. I clicked on the link in the post and it took me to what looks like the official site. As far as I can see, it is not a scam.

GT4T is obviously not a panacea, but properly used with criteria and discretion by a professional translator, it is a very useful tool.

[Edited at 2019-04-27 0
... See more
Sometimes people can be a bit too paranoid about this kind of thing. I've been using GT4T for a few years now and Dallas has always been quick to respond and help with any minor issues I've had. I clicked on the link in the post and it took me to what looks like the official site. As far as I can see, it is not a scam.

GT4T is obviously not a panacea, but properly used with criteria and discretion by a professional translator, it is a very useful tool.

[Edited at 2019-04-27 09:06 GMT]
Collapse

Chiara Foppa Pedretti
Susan Murphy Lamprecht

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz.com Glossary has been added to GT4T! -EMAIL SCAM

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »