Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Scam warning - gmail message from Alex Moros Pedro, probably cheque trick
Thread poster: Edith van der Have
thomasdebekk
thomasdebekk
Netherlands
Got phished Jul 7, 2019

I too fell for his offer, sending him a quotation leading to his weird payment plan proposal. Obviously I won't reply on his offer, but it still doesn't feel right that he now has an official quotation from my company. My question is: is the information on my quotation is the wrong hands and if so, what can I do to ensure they won't be misused?

Thanks in advance.

Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
Netherlands
Local time: 23:00
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just do nothing Jul 8, 2019

thomasdebekk wrote:

I too fell for his offer, sending him a quotation leading to his weird payment plan proposal. Obviously I won't reply on his offer, but it still doesn't feel right that he now has an official quotation from my company. My question is: is the information on my quotation is the wrong hands and if so, what can I do to ensure they won't be misused?

Thanks in advance.

They might send out the cheque anyway and then request a refund; just ignore it and you'll be fine.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:00
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Just received this message Jul 8, 2019

Good Morning,

I am planning an individual/semi-private Dutch course (2 to 1 class) for my two sons (aged 20 & 22 years) based on 4 lessons per day (20 lessons/week) for 4 weeks. The planned date is from 4th - 29th November, 2019 (4 weeks flexible) for total beginners. The purpose of the study is to expand their marketing business opportunities.

If this date is fully booked, please advise the next available 4 weeks between October - December, 2019. Also let me know your
... See more
Good Morning,

I am planning an individual/semi-private Dutch course (2 to 1 class) for my two sons (aged 20 & 22 years) based on 4 lessons per day (20 lessons/week) for 4 weeks. The planned date is from 4th - 29th November, 2019 (4 weeks flexible) for total beginners. The purpose of the study is to expand their marketing business opportunities.

If this date is fully booked, please advise the next available 4 weeks between October - December, 2019. Also let me know your total cost including taxes, registration fee and cost of materials for the planned 4 week period. Accommodation should not be included.

I ask for a quick response so that this booking and payment can be confirmed as early as possible.

Best regards,

George Micheal
Carrer de Morales, 6
08029 Barcelona, Spain
(0034) 602 051 799

George Micheal? You must be kidding me!

By the way, I am not a teacher, and don't claim anywhere to be one.
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 18:00
Romanian to English
+ ...
ignore it. period. Jul 8, 2019

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Good Morning,

If this date is fully booked, please advise the next available 4 weeks between October - December, 2019. Also let me know your total cost including taxes, registration fee and cost of materials for the planned 4 week period. Accommodation should not be included.

I ask for a quick response so that this booking and payment can be confirmed as early as possible.

Best regards,

George Micheal
Carrer de Morales, 6
08029 Barcelona, Spain
(0034) 602 051 799

George Micheal? You must be kidding me!

By the way, I am not a teacher, and don't claim anywhere to be one.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam warning - gmail message from Alex Moros Pedro, probably cheque trick

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »