Thread poster: Mert Dirice
Mert Dirice
Mert Dirice
Türkiye
Local time: 00:51
English to Turkish
+ ...
Oct 28, 2020

Protranslate (.net) has a 'Media News' section on their website where they put fake articles by well-known sources like Reuters and MarketWatch:

Screenshot 2020-10-28 165028
Screenshot 2020-10-28 165349

https://www.protranslate.net/en/media-news/

They also used to falsely claim that they've been featured on Forbes, Entrepreneur and Fortune, but I guess they deleted those after I contacted these magazines.

I'm not sure whether they're a scam but I wanted to give everyone a heads up since this is all so fishy.

They're on Proz by the way:
https://www.proz.com/blueboard/4211

Michail Strijov
Michail Strijov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:51
English to German
+ ...
Thank you for clarifying! Nov 6, 2020

Thank you for the info!

I stumbled upon their website and was really confused as to why Reuters would report the launch of Protranslate's services, and on top of that use this kind of wording: "Highly acclaimed online translation platform Protranslate is pleased to launch new document translation services…"

Mert Dirice

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation company displaying fake articles by Reuters and other major outlets

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »