Kentaro Nakajima
Kentaro Nakajima  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 07:14
Member (2019)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Feb 1, 2021

I got scammed by three scammers in succession. The scammers has first asked me to translate some marketing materials from AcadiaSoft, Inc. and further asked other jobs, proofreading, typeset, correspondence to the end client.
I am so stupid that I couldn't see through the scam. The below are the scammer's name and e-mail address.
Please be aware that the following email addresses are scammers. They have no relationship to the actual companies. If you received a request from this ema
... See more
I got scammed by three scammers in succession. The scammers has first asked me to translate some marketing materials from AcadiaSoft, Inc. and further asked other jobs, proofreading, typeset, correspondence to the end client.
I am so stupid that I couldn't see through the scam. The below are the scammer's name and e-mail address.
Please be aware that the following email addresses are scammers. They have no relationship to the actual companies. If you received a request from this email address do not work with them and report the email address as a scam.

Annabel Baxter-Gill [email protected]
Huriyet Muslihuddin [email protected]
Eric Brass [email protected]

The common feature is all of them used gmail.
Be careful.

[2021-02-01 13:16 GMTに編集されました]
Collapse

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
If you got scammed by people farming out translations from known clients Feb 1, 2021

...contact the end client.

You might not get your money, but perhaps they won't either. And maybe you'll get direct business if the end client liked your translation and decides to dump the scammy thieving middlemen.

Even if they don't wish to believe you or have the will to deal with these scammers, the simple fact of you having in your hands their internal documents should prove that SOMETHING is off about the people they paid for translating them (even if they assume
... See more
...contact the end client.

You might not get your money, but perhaps they won't either. And maybe you'll get direct business if the end client liked your translation and decides to dump the scammy thieving middlemen.

Even if they don't wish to believe you or have the will to deal with these scammers, the simple fact of you having in your hands their internal documents should prove that SOMETHING is off about the people they paid for translating them (even if they assume it is just lax security or violation of NDAs).

[Edited at 2021-02-01 14:27 GMT]
Collapse

Kentaro Nakajima
Morano El-Kholy
Tretyak
Daryo
Katarzyna Slowikova

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 16:14
Dutch to English
+ ...
Not stupid Feb 1, 2021

You are not stupid. It's unfortunate that you fell for these scams, but now you know what to watch for and it will never happen again. I too fell for a scam once, and I would bet there are more of us who learned the hard way to trust less and question more.

Kentaro Nakajima

Kentaro Nakajima
Kentaro Nakajima  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 07:14
Member (2019)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Real person came out Feb 17, 2021

The real person from the impersonated company gave me an e-mail ,warning there are other two victims.

Dear Mr. Nakajima,

I apologise for this late reply to your email as our in-house team has been carrying out some investigations, and it appears that you, together with two other translators, have been the victim of a scam.
The person that contacted you to place the translation is impersonating our company, The Languages for Business Centre, and, as you will see
... See more
The real person from the impersonated company gave me an e-mail ,warning there are other two victims.

Dear Mr. Nakajima,

I apologise for this late reply to your email as our in-house team has been carrying out some investigations, and it appears that you, together with two other translators, have been the victim of a scam.
The person that contacted you to place the translation is impersonating our company, The Languages for Business Centre, and, as you will see, their email address is very different from ours and the telephone numbers that they provide do not exist. Moreover they are not listed on the Companies House website as a bona fide company.

In an effort to protect translators and our 28 year record for honesty and integrity, we have reported this case of impersonation to Google and other translator websites.

-----------------------
Dear Mr. Nakajima,

The person that contacted you to place the translation is impersonating our company, The Languages for Business Centre, and, as you will see, their email address is very different from ours and the telephone numbers that they provide do not exist. Moreover they are not listed on the Companies House website as a bona fide company.

In an effort to protect translators and our 28 year record for honesty and integrity, we have reported this case of impersonation to Google and other translator websites.

I would urge you therefore, if you are a member of the ITI, Proz.com, the Chartered Institute of Linguists or any other associated organisation, to report this individual or company ASAP before other translators find themselves out of pocket.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further information on this matter.

Kind regards
Eric

Eric Brass
Director
Collapse

Asmaa Hussein
Asmaa Hussein
Germany
Local time: 23:14
Arabic to German
+ ...
Warning Feb 17, 2021

languages4for.business are criminals!!!

I received this email today :

"Thank you for the confirmation. I have notified Google about the incident, and we have since discovered that another translator has been misled by the same company. We are currently continuing our investigations into the scam, and would ask you to inform any of your colleagues or other translators that you may know not to accept work from the agency calling itself “languages4for.business” Everyth
... See more
languages4for.business are criminals!!!

I received this email today :

"Thank you for the confirmation. I have notified Google about the incident, and we have since discovered that another translator has been misled by the same company. We are currently continuing our investigations into the scam, and would ask you to inform any of your colleagues or other translators that you may know not to accept work from the agency calling itself “languages4for.business” Everything about them is fake, their website, their email address and their telephone numbers. There is, therefore no way that you can get in touch with them to recover your fees.

However, if you are a member of the ITI or any other translators’ organisation such as Proz.com I urge you to make them aware of the scam for the protection of other translators.

If you are still unsure about our credentials, please check out our website at www.languages-for-business.com and you will see that we are a bona fide organisation."
Collapse

Kentaro Nakajima

Daryo
Daryo
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:14
Serbian to English
+ ...
If you know who Feb 18, 2021

is the end client - ***the one that needed the translations***

contact THAT company and

- made them aware that you are still owner of the copyright
- request from them the details of whoever sold to them your translation

if they paid someone for it, they MUST know who they paid.

That would be a good starting point.

All this assuming that you had the good sense to keep some solid proofs that it's you who has done the translat
... See more
is the end client - ***the one that needed the translations***

contact THAT company and

- made them aware that you are still owner of the copyright
- request from them the details of whoever sold to them your translation

if they paid someone for it, they MUST know who they paid.

That would be a good starting point.

All this assuming that you had the good sense to keep some solid proofs that it's you who has done the translation - notwithstanding any silly request to delete immediately after delivery all traces of your work on some spurious grounds of "confidentiality" (which is a good way to leave you with no leg to stand on in case of any dispute).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SCAM: languages4for.business

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »