Thread poster: TTilch
TTilch
TTilch  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:57
English to German
+ ...
Mar 23, 2016

Hi,

Has someone else encountered this problem in Studio 2014 and found a solution for it/the reason why this happens?

When I try to create the return package, I receive the following error message:

Error occurred in file abc.xlf: SDL XLIFF validation error in line 13643 Offset 361183: The 'mtype' attribute is invalid. The value 'x' is according to its datatype 'urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:doucmnt.1.2:AttrType_Mtype' invalid. - The value 'x' is according to the
... See more
Hi,

Has someone else encountered this problem in Studio 2014 and found a solution for it/the reason why this happens?

When I try to create the return package, I receive the following error message:

Error occurred in file abc.xlf: SDL XLIFF validation error in line 13643 Offset 361183: The 'mtype' attribute is invalid. The value 'x' is according to its datatype 'urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:doucmnt.1.2:AttrType_Mtype' invalid. - The value 'x' is according to the memberTypes of the Union invalid.

I did not manage to find out what the problem is. Thank you for any help you might be able to offer.

Best,

Tanja

[Bearbeitet am 2016-03-23 11:33 GMT]
Collapse

Anne K Koch (X)
Anne K Koch (X)
French to German
+ ...
Having the same issue right now Jan 18, 2017

Did you find a solution?

My deadline is right now and I can't figure out what it means let alone solve it...

TTilch
TTilch  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:57
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RE: Having the same issue right now Jan 19, 2017

Hi Anne,

I'm sorry, I don't remember how I solved this issue at the time, it's so long ago.
I probably created a new project and ran the file through the TM again. But if the source file already contains an error, it may be possible that you'll need SDL's support on this.

Best regards,

Tanja

L. K.
L. K.  Identity Verified
Finland
English to Swedish
A possible solution Nov 18, 2018

Old thread, but if someone runs into this issue, the following steps worked for me.

First, close Trados. Then open the target .sdlxliff file in the project folder in your favorite text editor. Notepad works. Search for mtype="x" and replace it with mtype="x-x-sdl-none". Save the file and try to create a return package once again.

Hopefully it works!
... See more
Old thread, but if someone runs into this issue, the following steps worked for me.

First, close Trados. Then open the target .sdlxliff file in the project folder in your favorite text editor. Notepad works. Search for mtype="x" and replace it with mtype="x-x-sdl-none". Save the file and try to create a return package once again.

Hopefully it works!

Ref: https://gateway.sdl.com/communityknowledge?articleName=000003308
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XLIFF validation error in Studio when creating return package

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »