SDL Trados 2017 Not Working: The Requested Data File Could Not Be Located
Thread poster: Gabrielle Parnes Garcia
Gabrielle Parnes Garcia
Gabrielle Parnes Garcia
Local time: 16:50
French to English
+ ...
Feb 9, 2018

I have been using Trados without any problems, and was working on a project yesterday. I closed Trados and when I tried to open it this morning, I received this error: "The Requested Data File Could Not Be Located" .

I attempted the fix suggested here: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000004789

But I do not have th
... See more
I have been using Trados without any problems, and was working on a project yesterday. I closed Trados and when I tried to open it this morning, I received this error: "The Requested Data File Could Not Be Located" .

I attempted the fix suggested here: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000004789

But I do not have the file Path recommended.

Any suggestions?

Translation is due Monday!

Thank you!

Gabby
Collapse

Maarit Gardiner

Gabrielle Parnes Garcia
Gabrielle Parnes Garcia
Local time: 16:50
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I figured it out! Never mind. Feb 9, 2018

Some of my files were hidden. I was able to show the hidden file, rename the problem file, and now Trados is open.

Thanks!

Poul Moller
Poul Moller  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:50
English to Danish
+ ...
Thanks, it worked Mar 10, 2020

However, the file was hidden, and it wasn't sufficient to 'show hidden files' in settings. I had to search the computer for 15.0.0.0 to find the file for SLD Studio 2019.

[Edited at 2020-03-10 15:02 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2017 Not Working: The Requested Data File Could Not Be Located

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »