Thread poster: sidlejinx
sidlejinx
sidlejinx
Ukraine
Local time: 16:14
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 27, 2018

How can I make my SDL Trados Studio 2011 automatically convert numbers like 1,000,000 into 1 000 000 or at least 1000000?

Julietdh

sidlejinx
sidlejinx
Ukraine
Local time: 16:14
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No ideas? Mar 9, 2018

Really nobody has any idea how to do this?

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
numbers and dates Mar 9, 2018

I have Studio 2014 Professional. I looked and didn´t find an answer to your question. But there's another issue that I have that is similar, with dates.

I have saved all the names of the months in my termbase, but they don't show up in the Autosuggest when they are included in dates. So I have to type them anyway. If the segment populates, it includes the day of the week, too, even though it is not in the source. So I also have to delete the names of the days, too, in my targe
... See more
I have Studio 2014 Professional. I looked and didn´t find an answer to your question. But there's another issue that I have that is similar, with dates.

I have saved all the names of the months in my termbase, but they don't show up in the Autosuggest when they are included in dates. So I have to type them anyway. If the segment populates, it includes the day of the week, too, even though it is not in the source. So I also have to delete the names of the days, too, in my target segments.

Does anyone know how to set up these things in Trados? Or are they just features that Trados doesn't allow us to adjust?

Maybe someone from SDL can answer, if no user has answers.
Collapse

MuMyongCy (X)
MuMyongCy (X)
South Korea
Local time: 23:14
English to Korean
the main issue of this post Mar 10, 2018

should be solved easily with RegExp

regards

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 15:14
German to English
+ ...
Number/date formatting Mar 10, 2018

As workaround, you could copy numbers/dates unchanged from the source to target, and then run a regex to convert them into the correct format. This can be useful when you have many fields to be converted to avoid manual editing (and possible typos)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Numbers format in SDL Trados Studio 2011

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »