Thread poster: JulietteC
JulietteC
JulietteC
Local time: 09:40
English to French
Mar 12, 2018

Hi,

I have a question about xlf format.

I have a file to translate with Wordbee. As I want to translate it offline with SDL Trados Studio (mostly to be able to apply my own TM), I import an XLF file.

My problem is that as soon as I modify this XLF file, it becomes a SDL XLIFF document, and wordbee refuses to import it back, with this error message:

"Name of the file - Export.xliff.xlf.sdlxliff[Remove]

Upload failed: File too big or
... See more
Hi,

I have a question about xlf format.

I have a file to translate with Wordbee. As I want to translate it offline with SDL Trados Studio (mostly to be able to apply my own TM), I import an XLF file.

My problem is that as soon as I modify this XLF file, it becomes a SDL XLIFF document, and wordbee refuses to import it back, with this error message:

"Name of the file - Export.xliff.xlf.sdlxliff[Remove]

Upload failed: File too big or invalid file extension.

Select .xlf file. Maximum file size: 250 MB"

So my question is: is there a way to convert my translated file back to an XLF file so that I can import it back on Wordbee?

Thanks a lot and have a great day,

Juliette.
Collapse

Milan Hudecek

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting a xlf file from a SDL Xliff one

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »