Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:22
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Oct 3, 2019

After I installed SDL Studio 2017 on a new laptop, I have this small issue.
When there is a word between two tags or a tag after a word and I double-click the word, the following tag is also high-lighted. But I only would like to over-write the text, not the tag also. I cannot find the item where I can stop this behavior. In fact I have never seen it before in Studio. Any idea?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:22
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Heinrich Oct 3, 2019

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
When there is a word between two tags or a tag after a word and I double-click the word, the following tag is also high-lighted.

FWIW, I don't see this behaviour in Trados 2019 using a desktop computer. Double-clicking a word selects only that word (also the space following it, if there is a space following it). I tried in all tag display modes and with tags in various positions.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:22
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Seems project related issue Oct 3, 2019

I opened an older project from the same customer and there Studio behaves like usual, so it does not come with the new installation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In editor mouse double click fetches too much

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »