Translation failed: Could not load file or assembly....
Thread poster: adrienneiii
adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Local time: 03:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2019

Hello, I installed the most recent Studio 2019 update yesterday or the day before, and am now getting the following message in Trados Studio 2019:

Translation failed: Could not load file or assembly 'SDL.Core.MatchRepair.Core, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb25c445c888' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I cannot be sure whether the message started occurring right after installing the update, but it seems to me
... See more
Hello, I installed the most recent Studio 2019 update yesterday or the day before, and am now getting the following message in Trados Studio 2019:

Translation failed: Could not load file or assembly 'SDL.Core.MatchRepair.Core, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb25c445c888' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I cannot be sure whether the message started occurring right after installing the update, but it seems to me it didn't - that it started a little while afterwards.

Yesterday I only seemed to be getting the message (as a pop-up) simply when I moved my cursor over the Translation Results window at the top. However, I was translating a brand new text that wouldn't have drawn anything from the TM.

Today, however, I have some text that is/should be in the TM, and I'm getting this message in the TR window (not as a pop-up) when I click on some segments but not on others, I don't really know why. (It's still occurring as a pop-up when the mouse is over the TR window).

I would have said that it was occurring in segments that should give a 100% match (e.g. several percentages - 100%, 10% and so on) but I'm also getting it so far with a few segments containing only short phrases I know I've translated before. Instead of the translation popping up from the TM, I either get the message very quickly, or it says it is searching for quite a long time (30 secs?) but nothing ever happens.

I'm also not even sure my translations of new phrases are being stored in the TM now because when I go back to some of those segments (not all, which is very strange) I get the message again.

Hope someone can help, thank you!
Collapse

Janusz Baginski
Janusz Baginski  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:48
Member (2017)
English to Polish
+ ...
Here is a solution May 26, 2020

Hi

This worked for me when I had the same problem.

Close SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2.
Download the ZIP file SDLTradosStudio2019_SR2_CU6_2831.zip from our FTP site (Username: sdlpatches, password: 5dlpatch35).
The ZIP file contains an .exe file. Extract this file to a temporary folder of your choice, such as C:\temp. This .exe file applies to all editions of SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2.
Double-click the .exe file. This will install the la
... See more
Hi

This worked for me when I had the same problem.

Close SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2.
Download the ZIP file SDLTradosStudio2019_SR2_CU6_2831.zip from our FTP site (Username: sdlpatches, password: 5dlpatch35).
The ZIP file contains an .exe file. Extract this file to a temporary folder of your choice, such as C:\temp. This .exe file applies to all editions of SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2.
Double-click the .exe file. This will install the latest release and replace as well as update the files in the SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 installation folder as appropriate.

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=CUs-Studio2019SR2
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation failed: Could not load file or assembly....

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »