Thread poster: Anne Greaves
Anne Greaves
Anne Greaves  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:47
French to English
Dec 9, 2019

Hello
I'm translating an excel document on fashion. I had no problem saving the target file yesterday, but today am getting the message "failed to save content: sheet name leather contains any of the following forbidden characters \ / : ? *. The only ones I can see are colons, and removing them makes no difference. I can't understand why they would be forbidden anyway.
Grateful for any help.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:47
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Anne Dec 9, 2019

Simply do not rename the sheet(s).

BTW, colon is a forbidden symbol - you cannot use it in filenames, the same is true for Excel sheets.

Natalia

Anne Greaves
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 9, 2019

Hi Natalia,
Thanks. Problem is the sheet name itself contains none of these characters, so have no idea what else to try.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:47
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Sheet Dec 9, 2019

Anne, I don't mean the filename - your Excel file must be a 'workbook' (or whatever it is called in English, I have Polish Windows) that includes one or more worksheets; their names are visible at the bottom of the xls:

Worksheet 1

Anne Greaves
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 9, 2019

Hi Natalia
Thanks for your help, finally sorted it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Saving target file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »