Copy source to target without affecting origin (Trados 2019)
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:17
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 6, 2020

Hello everyone

A client sent me an SDLXLIFF file in which certain segments were auto-translated (origin "AT"). When I select these segments and select to copy source to target, the "AT" origin disappears. I do not want that to happen. If I simply edit such a segment, the AT origin remains. I don't understand the logic behind removing the AT origin when I copy source to target using a shortcut, but retaining it when I copy source to target manually, but anyway: is there a way I c
... See more
Hello everyone

A client sent me an SDLXLIFF file in which certain segments were auto-translated (origin "AT"). When I select these segments and select to copy source to target, the "AT" origin disappears. I do not want that to happen. If I simply edit such a segment, the AT origin remains. I don't understand the logic behind removing the AT origin when I copy source to target using a shortcut, but retaining it when I copy source to target manually, but anyway: is there a way I can prevent this origin change?

Or, is there a way to change the origin of a segment to "AT" manually? If so, then I can mark these segments from e.g. draft to e.g. "translation rejected", then copy source to target, then mark them as "AT", and then mark them as "draft" again.

The same thing happens when there is a fuzzy match -- when I use "copy source to target", the fuzzy match origin (and the match percentage) disappears!

Or, do you know of a way to select all text in the source field of a segment (so that I can script the manual copying of text)? Ctrl+A only selects the text in the target field of the segment that you had visited previously, even if the cursor is in the source field of another segment. The shortcuts Home and End in the source field only moves the cursor to the start or end of the *line*, not the start or end of the segment.

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy source to target without affecting origin (Trados 2019)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »