Levan Namoradze
Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 00:35
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
Aug 4, 2020

The client delivered 5 files including 3 Word files and 2 PowerPoint files. The PP files are fine. I have already translated them. However, when I try to open any of the Word files in Trados Studio 2017, I get the "Error" message: "Failed to open [the file]. Refer to the additional error information below for more details.
The document is not bilingual since "tw4winMark" style is not defined."

What does that mean? Can I fix the problem/error? How can I do that?

Th
... See more
The client delivered 5 files including 3 Word files and 2 PowerPoint files. The PP files are fine. I have already translated them. However, when I try to open any of the Word files in Trados Studio 2017, I get the "Error" message: "Failed to open [the file]. Refer to the additional error information below for more details.
The document is not bilingual since "tw4winMark" style is not defined."

What does that mean? Can I fix the problem/error? How can I do that?

Thank you!
Collapse

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Please check this solution Aug 4, 2020

Have you checked this solution: https://gateway.sdl.com/communityknowledge?articleName=Error-message-when-opening-a-bilingual-Microsoft-Word-docx-file-in-SDL-Trados-Studio-2011-SP1-or-higher-BILINGUAL-DOCUMENT

Levan Namoradze
Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 00:35
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 4, 2020

Thank you! I just saved as those 3 files in another folder and now they are free of any errors.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error with Word files

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »