Trados suddenly only looking up one termbase (but several have been enabled)
Thread poster: suew
suew
suew  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:43
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 4, 2020

I regularly select 3 file-based termbases (all stored on my PC) to use when I'm translating. Today, for no apparent reason, although I have selected my same standard 3 termbases, the program is only looking up the default termbase on my list. Does anyone know why?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:43
English to Russian
Did you check Oct 4, 2020

if the Lookup check boxes are selected for all 3 TMs?
If yes, then try to search for a segment that is unique for TM2 or TM3. Maybe you just see hits from TM1 because no hits are available for TM2 and TM3?

[Edited at 2020-10-04 15:58 GMT]

suew
suew  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:43
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Stepan Oct 4, 2020

Thanks for your comments, Stepan. All 3 lookup boxes were ticked. I still don't understand why only one termbase was being referenced - but I did the standard thing to do with all things to do with computers (I should have tried this first!), namely I shut down Trados and started up again, reselecting my 3 termbases - and now all of them are visible! Wishing you a pleasant rest of Sunday, Sue

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados suddenly only looking up one termbase (but several have been enabled)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »