Error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Thread poster: Ilka Nahmmacher
Ilka Nahmmacher
Ilka Nahmmacher  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:06
German to English
Oct 5, 2020

When I try to save my file, I get this message. All text are entered into the TM when I confirm them, with the exception of three segments close to the beginning, which do not contain tags.

I checked all of the tags with the quality check function. They are all there, although Trados itself removes some superfluous ones on its own when I put them back in.

I am afraid to close the file for fear I will lose everything.

What can I do to get rid of this messa
... See more
When I try to save my file, I get this message. All text are entered into the TM when I confirm them, with the exception of three segments close to the beginning, which do not contain tags.

I checked all of the tags with the quality check function. They are all there, although Trados itself removes some superfluous ones on its own when I put them back in.

What can I do to get rid of this message?
I have SDL Trados 2017.

[Edited at 2020-10-05 19:39 GMT]

P.S. I also just noticed it does not save texts from a table in the TM.

[Edited at 2020-10-06 01:02 GMT]
Collapse

Mair A-W (PhD)
Mair A-W (PhD)
Germany
Local time: 12:06
German to English
+ ...
comments? Oct 6, 2020

Ilka Nahmmacher wrote:

What can I do to get rid of this message?
I have SDL Trados 2017.

[Edited at 2020-10-05 19:39 GMT]

P.S. I also just noticed it does not save texts from a table in the TM.

[Edited at 2020-10-06 01:02 GMT]

in my experience, usually nothing. Close Trados, restart it, let your project fill back in from the TM, save. Usually restarting Trados clears the error.

the only time I've received this message *consistently* is that I currently (since my last update I think?) get it if I try and add comments to a project where I've opened multiple documents together. In that case if I remove the comments, the problem disappears.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »