Thread poster: Valentina_D
Valentina_D
Valentina_D  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:35
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 13, 2020

Hi,
I have a problem with my SDL Studio 2019 licence.
I bought the software last December and activated it online last June. Everything went smoothly and I had been happily using it until today. This morning I opened Studio and I got a message saying the license was expired. However, I have a license with no expiry date. If I click on Activate and input my license code, I get the message that there are no licenses available for that activation code. In fact, if I go to my SDL account
... See more
Hi,
I have a problem with my SDL Studio 2019 licence.
I bought the software last December and activated it online last June. Everything went smoothly and I had been happily using it until today. This morning I opened Studio and I got a message saying the license was expired. However, I have a license with no expiry date. If I click on Activate and input my license code, I get the message that there are no licenses available for that activation code. In fact, if I go to my SDL account I can see that the license is shown to be in use. Since I cannot open the program I cannot even deactivate the software and reactivate it again. So I cannot use the program.
I also tried to get assistance but I cannot open a support ticket (I have no active support agreement) and all other ways to contact SDL lead me nowhere.
I experienced the same problem in the past, but was solved easily by restarting the system. At that time, the issue was probably caused by a Windows update.

Can someone please help me in solving the issue or at least point me to the correct page in SDL where I can get assistance or open a support ticket?
Many thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Valentina
Collapse

Paolo Sebastiani
Paolo Sebastiani  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
I am available for help Oct 13, 2020

Hi Valentina,
If you like I can try to help you out with you licence issue. I will be available today in the afternoon so if you like you can contact me via skype (eurox55) or email: [email protected].
Bye
Paolo

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Logi in to your SDL account Oct 13, 2020

at http://oos.sdl.com

Click at 'Support'

Click at 'Licensing and Installation Help'
You will have three options; choose the one you need.

Valentina_D
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 13, 2020

Hi Paolo!

Many thanks for your prompt answer and your availability for helping me out on this!
I have just sent you an email with all the details.
Thanks a lot for your precious help!

Best,
Valentina

Valentina_D
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already tried Oct 13, 2020

Natalie wrote:

at http://oos.sdl.com

Click at 'Support'

Click at 'Licensing and Installation Help'
You will have three options; choose the one you need.

Hi Natalie

I've tried all the possible routes to access SDL Support but to no avail.
I have tried the path you suggested, too, but when I click on the desidered option (request for help with activation/deactivation), I get the message 'Access denied'. Is this because I have no paid support scheme?
The only thing I could try from that page is requesting a license reset.
I can reset the license from my account, too, but before taking this step I would like to know if this is indeed the right thing to do (if it isn't, will I still be able to use my - paid - license again?).

Thanks everyone for your help!

Valentina

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
All possible routes apart from the right one.... Oct 13, 2020

Valentina_D wrote:
I've tried all the possible routes to access SDL Support but to no avail.

Please use this forum and you will get help:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/licensing
Regards
Paul.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: not needed
Valentina_D
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
tried too Oct 13, 2020

Hi Paul,

many thanks for your kind reply.
Actually I tried seeking help from the SDL Community, too.
I contacted a member/SDL representative, who replied to my message in the meantime and promised investigating the issue.
I will let you know if the problem is solved.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
On the process.... Oct 13, 2020

Valentina_D wrote:
I contacted a member/SDL representative, who replied to my message in the meantime and promised investigating the issue.

Hi Valentina,
I just wanted to add that the proper way to handle this, if you want a fast resolution, is to post into the Licensing & Installation forum at the link I provided. We have a mechanism for admins that allows us to convert this to a case with two clicks. This does several things:

1. saves you the hassle of trying to fill in a form with options you may not understand, or agree with
2. you can copy/paste images (if needed) to help explain your problem in free form
3. makes it very easy for us to create the case with the right team
4. allows us to share the resolution as this may help others in the future

If you contact members via the messaging this is a pain for many reasons and doesn't make the process easy for anyone. It also means there isn't a process at all! Hopefully anyone else seeing this in ProZ will find that helpful as it really is simple

Valentina_D
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well noted! Oct 13, 2020

SDL Community wrote:

Valentina_D wrote:

Hi Valentina,
I just wanted to add that the proper way to handle this, if you want a fast resolution, is to post into the Licensing & Installation forum at the link I provided. We have a mechanism for admins that allows us to convert this to a case with two clicks. This does several things:

1. saves you the hassle of trying to fill in a form with options you may not understand, or agree with
2. you can copy/paste images (if needed) to help explain your problem in free form
3. makes it very easy for us to create the case with the right team
4. allows us to share the resolution as this may help others in the future

If you contact members via the messaging this is a pain for many reasons and doesn't make the process easy for anyone. It also means there isn't a process at all! Hopefully anyone else seeing this in ProZ will find that helpful as it really is simple

Hi again Paul,
thanks. I did so and I am now waiting for the SDL team to reset my license (I tried myself from my account but it didn't work either).
I noted the procedure, so I will know for next time (hopefully I won't need it ).

Angie Garbarino

Valentina_D
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All solved quickly Oct 15, 2020

Just wanted to say that the issue was solved quickly and efficiently using the procedure that Paul described.

Thanks everybody!

Valentina

RWS Community

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2019 license expiry error

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »