Groupshare authentication failed, immediately after starting Studio
Thread poster: raimundo4u
raimundo4u
raimundo4u
English
Oct 15, 2020

Hi all,

My wife has a weird problem with her Studio 2019.
I am her 'helpdesk operator' but for the moment I am at a loss ...

When she starts Studio, an error is displayed: "Groupshare Authentication Failed" (this might not be the exact text. I am not on her pc for the moment).
The thing is that she has not used Groupshare for ages. Especially not in her current or latests projects.
I can'
... See more
Hi all,

My wife has a weird problem with her Studio 2019.
I am her 'helpdesk operator' but for the moment I am at a loss ...

When she starts Studio, an error is displayed: "Groupshare Authentication Failed" (this might not be the exact text. I am not on her pc for the moment).
The thing is that she has not used Groupshare for ages. Especially not in her current or latests projects.
I can't find any info about this error online, except when someone is actually using Groupshare.

Earlier today, another program crashed on her pc (Windows 7).
She had to reboot the pc. So, this maybe has something to do with it.
Some kind of setting or option in Studio that got disturbed maybe.
I don't know where to begin to look.
Does anybody have a clue?

Kind regards
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:09
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
This just means Oct 15, 2020

that she used Groupshare sometimes in the past, and that Groupshare server became inavailable, invalid or whatever.

Go to the 'Welcome' view and choose 'Open groupshare project'.
In the opened window you should see some Groupshare server, that most probably is the culprit - or maybe there are several, check the dropdown list by clicking the 'Servers' button.

Select the server you would like to remove and click Remove - Close.

raimundo4u

raimundo4u
raimundo4u
English
TOPIC STARTER
I think you are right! Oct 15, 2020

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your prompt reply!
I think you are right!
I will provide more feedback later this evening.

Kind regards
Ray

raimundo4u
raimundo4u
English
TOPIC STARTER
Some feedback Oct 15, 2020

Hi Natalie,

Your answer sounds so obvious that this simply 'has' to be the solution!

Indeed, the server list showed 2 GroupShare servers of which one had a green checkmark, but the other had a red cross. (see attached screenshot).
When I did a 'Check Server Availability' for the 'bad' server, I got the same error message as before (see 2nd screenshot).

So I removed the failing server.... See more
Hi Natalie,

Your answer sounds so obvious that this simply 'has' to be the solution!

Indeed, the server list showed 2 GroupShare servers of which one had a green checkmark, but the other had a red cross. (see attached screenshot).
When I did a 'Check Server Availability' for the 'bad' server, I got the same error message as before (see 2nd screenshot).

So I removed the failing server.
It was more than a year ago since my wife used this server so it is possible that the server admin deleted her user name, and that this caused the error.

The 2nd server seems to be still valid but since she doesn't use it, I might as well delete that also. To prevent that same error message some time in the future.

Somehow it seems weird that Studio checks the availability of the servers, even if you are not trying to open a GroupShare project ...

Anyway, thank you so much for your kind help, Natalie!

Kind regards
Ray

[Edited at 2020-10-15 16:55 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Groupshare authentication failed, immediately after starting Studio

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »