Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:36
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 20, 2021

I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2021 SR1 - 16.1.3.4096.

Since several weeks I have two problems:

Sometimes the cursor pointer loses focus. I search the translation memory with F3 and when I try to select part of a search result to paste it in the active segment there is a phantom cursor below in the segments pane. Copy-paste doesn't work anymore, and I have to restart SDL Trados Studio to restore the right cursor behaviour.

My second problem is really disturbin
... See more
I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2021 SR1 - 16.1.3.4096.

Since several weeks I have two problems:

Sometimes the cursor pointer loses focus. I search the translation memory with F3 and when I try to select part of a search result to paste it in the active segment there is a phantom cursor below in the segments pane. Copy-paste doesn't work anymore, and I have to restart SDL Trados Studio to restore the right cursor behaviour.

My second problem is really disturbing. I get multiple errors per session: The translation memory or TM container appears to be missing and may have been deleted. I've searched the internet and sometimes this error seems to get triggered by Windows going to sleep, but I get the errors right after starting or resuming a translation. Currently, every time I try to Batch Task/Finalize a translation, Update Main Translation ends in an error and Generate Target Translations isn't executed. As far as I can see, my translation memories are being updated and I can generate the target translations with a workaround, but the error messages are disturbing.

Now that I'm here, can't you make the font for comments scalable? I'm introducing spelling errors in my comments because I can't really see what I've typed.

Cheers,
Gerard
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:36
English to Russian
No fix yet Feb 21, 2021

Here is a long list of reports on this issue. SDL admit they are aware of the bug but still no solution.
Try to disable automatic Concordance lookup: File>Options>Editor>Concordance Search Window>uncheck 'Perform search if the TM lookup returns no results'.

[Edite
... See more
Here is a long list of reports on this issue. SDL admit they are aware of the bug but still no solution.
Try to disable automatic Concordance lookup: File>Options>Editor>Concordance Search Window>uncheck 'Perform search if the TM lookup returns no results'.

[Edited at 2021-02-21 02:51 GMT]
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:36
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Discouraging Feb 21, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

Blimey. That's a nasty one. I think I'm waiting for SP1.

Dan

Stepan Konev

Laurent Di Raimondo
Laurent Di Raimondo  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:36
English to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Fully bugged and too unstable indeed... Feb 22, 2021

Dear Gerard,

Unfortunately, it's a well knowned issue that SDL Trados Studio 2021 is fully bugged and still too unstable, even in its latest updated version (i.e. SR1 - 16.1.3.4096).

I also encountered many other bugs since the release of the Trados Studio's "new version" , too many bugs in my humble opinion considering the high cost of this software...

Anyway, it seems Trados engineers and commercial staff don't give a damn about us... Maybe we just are yo
... See more
Dear Gerard,

Unfortunately, it's a well knowned issue that SDL Trados Studio 2021 is fully bugged and still too unstable, even in its latest updated version (i.e. SR1 - 16.1.3.4096).

I also encountered many other bugs since the release of the Trados Studio's "new version" , too many bugs in my humble opinion considering the high cost of this software...

Anyway, it seems Trados engineers and commercial staff don't give a damn about us... Maybe we just are yo-yos to their eyes, as poor alone some freelancers we are...

I stopped fuming about this software and I set it aside long time ago, no matter the money I burnt for nothing..., and I turned myself to Memsource and SmartCat which are more straightforward and more reliable tools.

Furthermore, I've noticed that most translations agency over the world, even the biggest ones, no longer use Trados softwares at all. Maybe they have good reasons for that...

Kindest regards.

[Modifié le 2021-02-22 11:20 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two problems since several weeks

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »