Trados Tag Editor Spellcheck
Thread poster: Maria Celia Costanzo
Maria Celia Costanzo
Maria Celia Costanzo
Local time: 06:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 28, 2002

I have been trying to use the spellchecker in Trados Tag Editor, without success. I have already downloaded and installed the plugin (all the menus changed into Chinese fonts, therefore I had to reinstall Trados again, but the plugin remained OK). I have tried setting up MS Word spellchecker according with the directions in Trados Help, and also adding different glossaries in txt format in the custom tag, but it didn\'t work either. When I click on the spellchecker button, this is the message I ... See more
I have been trying to use the spellchecker in Trados Tag Editor, without success. I have already downloaded and installed the plugin (all the menus changed into Chinese fonts, therefore I had to reinstall Trados again, but the plugin remained OK). I have tried setting up MS Word spellchecker according with the directions in Trados Help, and also adding different glossaries in txt format in the custom tag, but it didn\'t work either. When I click on the spellchecker button, this is the message I receive: El corrector ortográfico no admite el idioma de destino actual (The spellchecker doesn\'t admit the current target language). I\'m using Spanish version of Trados, as well as the rest of MS Office. I\'ve tried setting Word spellchecker in every option of English and Spanish (my source and target languages), and none of them seems to work.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Any other suggestion to correct the text in Tag Editor is welcomed!! (if you copy and paste the text in Word… there are two problems: you will have both texts mixed, source and target… and you won’t be able to copy the corrected text back into the Tag Editor)

[addsig]
Collapse

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:07
English to Chinese
+ ...
check the TW yahoogroups archive Nov 28, 2002

I don\'t known how to solve this problem, but I remembered that I had read this spellchecker problem in the Trados Workbench Yahoogroup. You may search the archive there.

Good luck!

Beatrice Hercend
Beatrice Hercend  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:07
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Part of a solution Nov 28, 2002

Same problem for me, I cannot use the spellchecker directly in TagEditor.

I copy/paste the text in MS Word. Before the copy operation, I have only the target text displayed in TagEditor so that I do not get the source text in MS Word. However, the TagEditor tags are also copied into MS Word, but since they are displayed in grey and red, it is easy to remove them and keep only the relevant text.

But you are right, I cannot make the change directly in TagEditor. At
... See more
Same problem for me, I cannot use the spellchecker directly in TagEditor.

I copy/paste the text in MS Word. Before the copy operation, I have only the target text displayed in TagEditor so that I do not get the source text in MS Word. However, the TagEditor tags are also copied into MS Word, but since they are displayed in grey and red, it is easy to remove them and keep only the relevant text.

But you are right, I cannot make the change directly in TagEditor. At least, I can locate mistakes and correct them with TagEditor afterwards.
Collapse

jul17
jul17
Spanish to French
TagEditor Nov 28, 2002

Hola,

Para corregir en TagEditor es un poquito difícil. Lo que hago yo es guardar como lengua de destino, también lo hago en bilingües por si acaso, y así no tengo los dos idiomas cuamdo abro el documento Rtf en word.

Saludos.

Julian
[addsig]

Dayring Romero
Dayring Romero
Local time: 03:07
English to Spanish
spelling in tag editor Nov 28, 2002

What you can do is see the bilingual text, copy it, hide the hidden text, and spellcheck in Word. Then you should correct the file in Tag Editor.

Maria Celia Costanzo
Maria Celia Costanzo
Local time: 06:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks all for your support! Nov 29, 2002

I\'ve tried with dluce\'s suggestion and it worked The spellchecker ignores everything different than the Spanish text (tags, and English text which remains hidden) and goes straight to the point. I will take a view in the Yahoogroups too. Thanks a lot again!!

María Celia
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Tag Editor Spellcheck

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »