Arturo Mannino
Arturo Mannino  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:17
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 24, 2021

First of all I would like to apologize for using this channel to try to get some information on a topic which is definitively not related to our work.
The point is that here in Spain we have a total news blackout regarding the pandemic situation in Sweden and the current approach of the swedish government to it.
Could anyone share some information on this topics? Any official source in English or German would be great (government agencies and similar). Thank you in advance.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Unsure Jan 24, 2021

I’ve not sure what you mean given that the internet is readily available?

Certainly Sweden’s approach is more similar to other countries now, and deaths have been a lot worse than in
... See more
I’ve not sure what you mean given that the internet is readily available?

Certainly Sweden’s approach is more similar to other countries now, and deaths have been a lot worse than in the other Nordic countries.

https://www.krisinformation.se/en/hazards-and-risks/disasters-and-incidents/2020/official-information-on-the-new-coronavirus
Collapse

Michele Fauble

Arturo Mannino
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 24, 2021

Thank you Chris, this is exactly the kind of information I was looking for.
Yes, the Internet is readly available. Knowing where to look at is something different.

Christopher Schröder

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
Not enough Jan 24, 2021

To get the whole picture you must follow a wide variety of news sources and twitterers.
For instance, the other day a municipality banned face masks in schools (then quickly retraced its steps).

Hugely OT for Proz...

[Bearbeitet am 2021-01-24 17:07 GMT]

Arturo Mannino
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Face masks? Jan 24, 2021

Well, I thought Sweden was free from face masks anyway.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Corona in Sweden

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »