Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:21
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 21, 2015

I have recently reinstalled Windows. I backed up the projects directory externally, and now I wish to recover the projects, so that they will show in Transit as usual. I copied all the projects from the backup to the new projects directory, but Transit does not recognize them. When I click Open in Projects tab I cannot see them in the list, nor can I browse for them.

How can I import them again into Transit NXT?

Thanks

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
PRJ project definition files? Oct 21, 2015

You didn't copy the PRJ project definition files, by any chance, did you? These contain the links to the folders/files.

However, even if you don't have them, you can still use the restored project folders as reference projects.

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Luckily I did back up the PRJ Oct 21, 2015

2nl wrote:

You didn't copy the PRJ project definition files, by any chance, did you? These contain the links to the folders/files.

Thank you 2nl. I restored the PRJ files and now I have my projects again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recovering projects from backup Transit NXT

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »