Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:04
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Feb 2, 2017

Does any one now if and how I can resize the columns in the Markup window. The column with the content of the markup is narrow, and thus allows me to see only a small part of the markup (unless it is a very short markup like ). Even when I resize the markup window, only the text column gets bigger, but the markup column stays the same. Can the columns be resized?

Thanks

Markup column width Feb 2, 2017

Hi Yiftah,

the column width in the markup window is fixed and cannot be adapted.

If you frequently have "long" markups and need to see them in detail, may select the markup display "long" (in the "View"). Then the full markup is displayed in the language window. I know that's no real solution for your request -- but at least a kind of workaround.

Just for understanding your question: Why do you need to know the complete markup in the markup window? I usuall
... See more
Hi Yiftah,

the column width in the markup window is fixed and cannot be adapted.

If you frequently have "long" markups and need to see them in detail, may select the markup display "long" (in the "View"). Then the full markup is displayed in the language window. I know that's no real solution for your request -- but at least a kind of workaround.

Just for understanding your question: Why do you need to know the complete markup in the markup window? I usually use the markup mode and focus on the blue highlightings in the source/target text. I almost never have a look into the markup window...

Regards,

O.N.
Collapse

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Displaying full markups makes the view very cluttered, Feb 3, 2017

especially in projects with a lot of (long) markups, like the one I am working on now.

The reason I want to see the complete markup is that I often have to change the order of markups or even omit markups, because the word order or even the whole sentence structure in the translation is often very different to the one on the source language. In order to be able to do this correctly, I must know what each markup means.

Status bar Feb 3, 2017

especially in projects with a lot of (long) markups, like the one I am working on now.

The reason I want to see the complete markup is that I often have to change the order of markups or even omit markups, because the word order or even the whole sentence structure in the translation is often very different to the one on the source language. In order to be able to do this correctly, I must know what each markup means.

Okay, I see.

Well, the following will not be the perfect solution, but anyway: Did you notice that the content of the current markup is also displayed in the status bar (bottom of Transit window, at the very right)?
So you may use the short markups in the source/target window and have a look at the right bottom for details...

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Markup in the status bar Feb 4, 2017

Oiseau noir wrote:

Did you notice that the content of the current markup is also displayed in the status bar (bottom of Transit window, at the very right)?

Now I did

But it does not help, because it shows only the markup in the position of my cursor, which means that the cursor must be positioned at a markup for the markup content to be displayed in the status bar. And, of course, only one markup is shown at a time.

Maybe someone from STAR is monitoring this forum and will consider to insert this feature soon.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resizing columns in the Markup Window Transit NXT

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »