10 Reasons Why the Translation Industry Attracts Private Equity Investors

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "10 Reasons Why the Translation Industry Attracts Private Equity Investors".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
There are so many controversial points and weak arguments that I wonder… Aug 11, 2020

While real businesses and investors look at risks from different angles, the chain is still as strong as its weakest link.

Now let’s take, say, “7. Barriers to entry” and compare it to overhyped “Only a computer and the internet is enough to become a successful translator” motto. Doesn’t it ring a bell or two? I don’t care about the bottom-feeders-oriented agency’s vision and origin, especially when it takes just a few clicks to buy contacts and registration. Why, it m
... See more
While real businesses and investors look at risks from different angles, the chain is still as strong as its weakest link.

Now let’s take, say, “7. Barriers to entry” and compare it to overhyped “Only a computer and the internet is enough to become a successful translator” motto. Doesn’t it ring a bell or two? I don’t care about the bottom-feeders-oriented agency’s vision and origin, especially when it takes just a few clicks to buy contacts and registration. Why, it may bring good profits as a short-term investment or loan, but not for the translation sector.

Furthermore, I encountered offers for blacklisted (unreliable) agencies to ‘rectify bad credit history’ working as a proxy--hiding behind a good-name/new company.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

10 Reasons Why the Translation Industry Attracts Private Equity Investors

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »