Any free but good word count software out there?
Thread poster: Kimberlee Thorne
Kimberlee Thorne
Kimberlee Thorne
United States
Local time: 15:09
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 25, 2015

I'm normally able to do a word count for my clients, but I'm needing one now. Any good recommendations?

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:09
You can use CafeTran for this too ... Jun 25, 2015

Although CafeTran actually is a full-fledged CAT tool, you can 'abuse' the free evaluation version perfectly for quick word counts. CafeTran also shows the reps and even the 'homogeneity'.

All you have to do is to drag your source file onto the green part of the Dashboard and click OK. The language settings actually aren't relevant here.

Then choose Project > Statistics > Project statistics.

A beautifully formatted statistics reports will be placed on your
... See more
Although CafeTran actually is a full-fledged CAT tool, you can 'abuse' the free evaluation version perfectly for quick word counts. CafeTran also shows the reps and even the 'homogeneity'.

All you have to do is to drag your source file onto the green part of the Dashboard and click OK. The language settings actually aren't relevant here.

Then choose Project > Statistics > Project statistics.

A beautifully formatted statistics reports will be placed on your clipboard.

http://youtu.be/wJ1r8nq5vT8
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
AnyCount Jun 25, 2015

Part of Translation Office 3000 (AIT) or in stand-alone version (free 30-day trial).

More here: http://www.anycount.com/

Philippe

Alexander Somin
Alexander Somin
Local time: 00:09
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
goAnalize Jun 25, 2015

goAnalize in the SDL App Store

Vladimir Morozov
Vladimir Morozov
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
FineCount Jun 25, 2015

Basic version is free, and you can also obtain FineCount Professional for free by sending information about FineCount to ten of your friends, collect ten downloads and get FineCount Professional. For more details, please login or register as a new user http://www.tilti.com/ru/programmy/finecount/

Aniza Borhan
Aniza Borhan  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 05:09
Member (2007)
English to Malay
+ ...
I like CATcount Sep 2, 2015

I like CATcount but it does not seem to work on Windows 10 machine. I am so frustrated. Finecount is just OK, because CATcount is able to segregate by Trados matrix.

I am able to set a proper charge for the client.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any free but good word count software out there?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »