Spanish /English Idioms resources
Thread poster: Clare Rubin
Clare Rubin
Clare Rubin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:17
Spanish to English
Oct 15, 2017

Any recommendations for a nice reference book? Thinking maybe this but not sure: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/148196142X/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1508057056&sr=1-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=spanish%20english%20idioms

Thanks

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Diccionario Conciso de Modismos inglés-español-ingles, Francisco Sanchez Benedito Oct 15, 2017

Widely available, e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diccionario-Conciso-Modismos-Francisco-Benedito/dp/8420513873

I bought it in 1986 when I was on a two-month course in Malaga learning Spanish, and it seemed good to me.

[Edited at 2017-10-15 11:25 GMT]

Clare Rubin
Clare Rubin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 15, 2017

Looks heavy duty but will have a look Been getting into Tony Buzan's school of thinking when it comes to memory.and learning. Pictures aid learning, I've found. I already have "101 Spanish Idioms" by Cassagne which is good and the pictures help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish /English Idioms resources

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »