Thread poster: Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 5, 2007

Dear all,

As you might know, the site has already been localized in 27 languages, something we are very proud of, but still we are continually working to increase that number.

At the moment, we are starting now with the localization of the site into Urdu and I would like to invite members and users of your community you to participate in the project.

Site's localization is done by volunteers, and to compensate the teams for their efforts, site localizers a
... See more
Dear all,

As you might know, the site has already been localized in 27 languages, something we are very proud of, but still we are continually working to increase that number.

At the moment, we are starting now with the localization of the site into Urdu and I would like to invite members and users of your community you to participate in the project.

Site's localization is done by volunteers, and to compensate the teams for their efforts, site localizers are provided with promotion throughout ProZ.com once the language has been finished and released to the public. Specifically:

- For every 250 words translated or 750 words checked, a volunteer will receive one week of promotion. This promotion cosists of the following:

1. Recognition in their profiles ("This translator helped to localize ProZ.com into {language}")

2. Team members will be listed, with photos and optional bios, on the localization team page for their language. Search engine optimized links will point to these localization team bios from most ProZ.com pages when viewed in that team's language.

3. Specifically, team leaders may receive added compensation depending on whether their release dates have been met. However, all team members will receive a search engine optimized link to their profiles from the bottom of most ProZ.com pages when viewed in their language.

This promotion is significant, as it provides a substantial boost to the "page rank" of these translators' ProZ.com profiles in search engines such as Yahoo! and Google, resulting in an increase in client traffic. (ProZ.com's main pages have the highest page ranks in the industry, and these are inherited by pages we link to.)

4. In addition, team volunteers will receive browniz when their translated files are uploaded (3 browniz for each word translated/1 brownie for each word proofread).

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you want to participate in this project at soledad at proz dot com.

Best regards,

Soledad Azcona
ProZ.com Staff
Collapse

Lenguamundo
Lenguamundo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:48
Member (2007)
Spanish to Urdu
+ ...
Site in Urdu Dec 19, 2007

Dear Sole,
I am an Urdu translator. I would like to work developing the site. I do not have much time but if I can do something it will be helpful for others. So please let me know how to Start.
Regards,
Abdul Saboor

abufaraz
abufaraz
Pakistan
Local time: 03:48
English to Urdu
+ ...
Welcome !! Dec 19, 2007

Janab Saboor Sb,

I am pleased to welcome you on the dedicated forum of our language. It is more delightful that you have offered to work for the localisation of the site in Urdu. You must be aware that this work is already in progress and a part of this has been done by a couple of other translators.

I am writing a PM to Sole to request her to further apprise you of the procedure for doing this task.

I hope you will frequently visit this forum and provide
... See more
Janab Saboor Sb,

I am pleased to welcome you on the dedicated forum of our language. It is more delightful that you have offered to work for the localisation of the site in Urdu. You must be aware that this work is already in progress and a part of this has been done by a couple of other translators.

I am writing a PM to Sole to request her to further apprise you of the procedure for doing this task.

I hope you will frequently visit this forum and provide us the opportunity of reading your valuable posts.

Regards,

[Edited at 2007-12-23 06:28]
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great indeed! Dec 19, 2007

Hi Abdul and aburiaz,

It's great to know we have a new volunteer for the Urdu localization team. Translators ready to work for this important project for the Urdu community at the site are always welcome!

I will contact you Abdul, give you details for the project and access to the localization interface as well.

Kind regards to all,

Soledad

Lenguamundo
Lenguamundo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:48
Member (2007)
Spanish to Urdu
+ ...
Thanks! Dec 26, 2007

Dear Aburiaz and Sole,
Thank you for your updates.
I think what ever we can do together will be practical for all of us and others to start getting more knowledge.
Regards,

Ata Dar
Ata Dar
Local time: 23:48
English to Urdu
+ ...
Hi Sole Feb 2, 2008

SoleProz wrote:

Hi Abdul and aburiaz,

It's great to know we have a new volunteer for the Urdu localization team. Translators ready to work for this important project for the Urdu community at the site are always welcome!

I will contact you Abdul, give you details for the project and access to the localization interface as well.

Kind regards to all,

Soledad

Ata Dar
Ata Dar
Local time: 23:48
English to Urdu
+ ...
Localization of the site into Urdu Feb 2, 2008

Dear Sole,

I am writing to inform you that I have Just finished my MSc in Arabic/English Translation and Technology from Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, UK. I am also thinking of becoming a member of ProZ, so fingers crossed! As I am a native speaker of Urdu language and have done MA in Arabic Language, I would love to provide my services for Localization of the site into Urdu and as wel as into Arabic.

Kind Regards

Hafiz Ata-Ur-Rehman Dar
[email protected]

[Edited at 2008-02-02 01:56]

noorulla mohammad
noorulla mohammad
India
Local time: 04:18
Arabic to Urdu
+ ...
site in urdu Oct 15, 2008

Dear Sole,
I am an Urdu translator. I would like to work developing the site.I can do something it will be helpful for others. So please let me know how to Start.
Regards : hafina

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Localization of the site into Urdu

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »