Can I preview my translation in Wordfast Anywhere (ctrl + comma)
Thread poster: Comunican
Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 13, 2018

One of Wordfast Classic's very useful features is that you can press ctrl + comma and preview your completed translation without the hidden text and then carefully make any final changes.
So far, I've not found a way to do this with Wordfast Anywhere. Am I missing something? Or is this functionality not available in WFA?
And if not, Wf developers: please could we have it?!
Many thanks

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
2 options Nov 13, 2018

Comunican wrote:

One of Wordfast Classic's very useful features is that you can press ctrl + comma and preview your completed translation without the hidden text and then carefully make any final changes.
So far, I've not found a way to do this with Wordfast Anywhere. Am I missing something? Or is this functionality not available in WFA?
And if not, Wf developers: please could we have it?!
Many thanks

There are two ways to achieve something alike:
1/ Go to the review tab and click on preview. This will display a pdf of the translated file.
2/ Go to view and click on doc layout until it displays the classic view (similar to WF Classic). Then look at the very bottom right of your screen where it says Bilingual and click until it displays target. This will display target only and keep the paragraph layout.

Hope this helps

My bests

suhad ahmad

Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but... Nov 15, 2018

Hi Fi2nCo
Thank you for your reply and recommendations. Unfortunately, neither option gives the functionality of being able both to view the translated document with its correct formatting and be able to make changes to it without going through a very clunky process.
It seems that WFA is free for a reason!
Do you know if it is possible to use Wf Classic and have DeepL built-in the way that you can with WFA?
Many thanks

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
Possible options Nov 16, 2018

Comunican wrote:

Hi Fi2nCo
Thank you for your reply and recommendations. Unfortunately, neither option gives the functionality of being able both to view the translated document with its correct formatting and be able to make changes to it without going through a very clunky process.
It seems that WFA is free for a reason!
Do you know if it is possible to use Wf Classic and have DeepL built-in the way that you can with WFA?
Many thanks

Hi

To My knowledge, at this moment, you can't connect DeepL to Classic. However, there is code available for this on the Wordfast.net website, so maybe contacting the Classic support you could find a way to tackle this.

Preview:
Your best option in my opinion would be Wordfast Pro 5. The Live Preview feature should help you do just what you are looking for (if I understood you well). You can even undock the view and have the live preview displayed on a second monitor (very useful). You can see it in action here: https://youtu.be/cx8MsJcjk70
Wordfast Pro 5 should have DeepL soon, it's on the agenda and has been commented here https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/326803-deepl_how_to.html#2747566
Should come out in WFP5.7
Pro5 is sold also as a bundle pack along with Classic.

My bests

Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - maybe I'll try Wf Pro Nov 19, 2018

Hi Fi2 n Co, and thanks again for your ongoing advice and interest.
I downloaded Wf Pro a few years ago but didn't really take to it. But given your recommendation, I'll invest the time to learn how to use it properly, especially as it seems to resolve the issues I've found in WFA...
Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I preview my translation in Wordfast Anywhere (ctrl + comma)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »