krivahan
krivahan
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:15
Czech to English
+ ...
May 15, 2019

Hi all,
I wanted to ask - is there any way to translate several documets together in one editor?
Something like view in memoq. I have about 30 documents for translation that are regularly updated with small changes (only few words in each).
It would save me a lot of time if I didn't have to open each document but could open them in one editor and just filter out the strings that need to be translated.
Many thanks for your answers!
Regards,
Hana

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Hana May 15, 2019

krivahan wrote:
Is there any way to translate several documents together in one editor?

I sometimes translate in XTM Editor online, and my experience is that there is no way to have multiple files in a single editor instance. You're doomed to working on separate documents in separate instances. In fact, as far as I know, you can't even open more than one instance at a time.

krivahan
krivahan
Czech Republic
Czech to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Samuel May 16, 2019

Samuel Murray wrote:

I sometimes translate in XTM Editor online, and my experience is that there is no way to have multiple files in a single editor instance. You're doomed to working on separate documents in separate instances. In fact, as far as I know, you can't even open more than one instance at a time.

Thank you for your reply, Samuel!
I'll have to translate one by one then. Hope XTM will include some "view" feature in the future at least.

Hana

[Upraveno: 2019-05-16 09:35 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Translating lot of small documents

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »