Choosing a CAT tool that best fits your field of specialization
Cannot make decision on whether to start using CAT tools? Never thought of having another CAT tool? It's definitely time to consider changes.
You don't have to sacrifice hours to get through numerous descriptions and property tables to get the idea of most popular tools any more.
In one hour: Learn how CAT tools work
In one hour: Learn differences between most popular ones in terms of usability for particular fields of specialization, availability of assisting software, computer skills, support, prices.
In one hour: Learn how to maximize your profits from using CAT tool by applying additional free pieces of software.
In one hour: Get an overview of various versions of Trados, MemoQ, DejaVu, Idiom, Across, Transit & Passolo.
– Freelancers who are planning to purchase their first CAT tool but have not yet decided which one to choose.
– Single CAT users who would like to expand their clients databese by offering support of new formats and projects.
– Participants of translation studies and courses who would like to choose their own tool or compare the tool they already know with other ones.
In this course you will learn:
– What CAT tools are.
– What to take into account while choosing your first and second tool.
– How to compare CAT tools in terms of your specialization.
– How to establish your CAT tools kit at reasonable price.
– What other software is required/recommended/helpful to take full advantage of your CAT tool.
Provide answers to the following questions before the course starts:
– Do you use any CAT tools? If so, what CAT tool(s) do you use?
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO INSTALL ANY TOOLS TO TAKE PART IN THIS COURSE AND BENEFIT!
Click to expand
1. Brief introduction to popular CAT tools along with explanation of how they work
2. Comparison of most popular CAT tools in terms of: basic functions, requirements of particular fields of specialization, availability of assisting software, computer skills, support, prices.
Comparison will cover various versions of: Trados, MemoQ, DejaVu, Idiom, Across, Transit & Passolo.
3. Considering second choices for users of popular CAT tools (Trados, MemoQ, DejaVu).
4. Other tools that support CATs in issues that they cannot do themselves (QA Distiller, Xbench, Abby FineReader, etc.). Emphasize will be put on how to combine these tools with CATs.
5. Calculation of benefits from introduction of such tools and multiple ways to save on CAT purchase.
Software and system requirements (click to expand)
Click to expand
ProZ.com videos require a current flash player. Update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
With low bandwidth Internet connections the video playback may buffer and load slowly, in this case we recommend you wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing.
Registration and payment information (click to expand)
Click to expand
Price: 25.00 USD
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat Participation fee includes unlimited access to the recording. How do I purchase the video? To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and an invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records. How do I access the video? Once the payment is processed you will be able to watch the video here.
Anna Fitak View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.