Personal branding for business success
How are you dealing with the realities of this challenging worldwide economy? Are you struggling to find clients? Are your clients constantly asking you to lower your rates? How much thought have you given to the following questions?
-What is unique and compelling about YOU?
-What is the VALUE you can offer your clients?
-Are you in control of your translation career?
-Are you getting paid what you are worth?
To stay competitive in today's fierce marketplace, professionals, executives and business owners must cultivate their own personal brand. Translators are no exception. The translation industry is overcrowded. To succeed today and be in control of your business and your career as a professional translator you need more than credentials, experience and tools. The key to success and achieving your goals is to differentiate yourself through a strong brand. You need to sell to the world your unique promise of value. Otherwise, you will compete just on the basis of price.
This one-hour keynote presentation will cover the following topics:
• Understand what a brand is and is not; distill some myths about branding.
• Learn about "personal branding"—what it is, why it came about and, why everybody needs to think of themselves as a personal brand.
• Recognize the importance of a personal brand.
• Learn the key steps in building a personal brand.
This 1-hour presentation is for professional translators with a formal education in translation and/or already working as translators or for small translation agency owners. This presentation is NOT intended for inexperienced translators or for those who do not have any formal education in translation.
The presentation will be very interactive and will encourage the participation of all attendees.
Online presentation conducted in real time through a virtual classroom environment "Go to Webinar" (www.gotowebinar.com).
The recording of this session will be available for all webinar attendees.
System requirements (click to expand)
Click to expand
For PC-based Organizers and Attendees
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: Microphone and speakers (USB headset recommended)
• You need an Internet connection and a separate telephone, so that we can talk to you whilst presenting the training.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a telephone headset or hands-free speaker phone.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
• Please mute your phone during the training course to ensure that there is no background noise during the audio section.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you use the same contact information - name and email- you entered in your ProZ.com profile to allow identification.
Participants should not delay in making payments to ensure classes are not canceled due to low enrollment. We suggest then you purchase your spot as soon as possible.
Marcela Jenney-Reyes View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course