(1) 4 members on the panel (more to be included when necessary), consisting of native Chinese and near-native English speakers in China with foreign residence experience (US, UK and other English speaking nations) and strong background in specific fields of expertise
(2) All with over 10 years translation experience, Master's degree holders, full-time freelance translators
(3) All TAC (Translators' Association of China) verified for English to Chinese translation (the leader Simon Du is planned to win ATA Certified status in 2008)
(4) The leader Simon Du is a certified attorney by the Ministry of Justice of the People's Republic of China in 2002 (go to www.proz.com/pro/53896 for the certificate)
(5) Services: translation, editing/proofreading, VO, software/website localization or translation, OLH compilation
(6) Language pair: English (all locales) to Chinese (simplified and traditional, Cantonese and Mandarin)
(7) Areas of expertise: accounting, arbitration, banking, business, commerce, contract, economy, financing, insurance, HR, IT, law, marketing, patent, tax and others like
(8) Daily capacity: 3,500 words per member
(9) Availability: 12 hours in business days, available upon prior notice in weekends and holidays
(10) Price: USD0.06-0.1 per source word, depending on the nature of the assignment, including complexity, count, deadline and others like
2) Quality Assurance Procedure
(1) Self-check by the translator
(2) Cross-check by another member
(3) Final touch by the leader
(4) Check Items: completeness, accuracy, style, spelling, terminology and others
(5) Prompt response to client’s feedback, incorporating all reasonable and necessary changes at no charge
(1) IT: Rochelle Carlin from McElroy Translation at firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Contract and legal: Jens Wench from KJ International Resources, Inc. at email@example.com
(3) Financing: Vanessa from Textronics Communications Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Professional, Prompt, Responsible and Details-Minded Nature
Native Chinese Translators, the Team Captures the Essence of Chinese
|Team language pairs (2):|
- angielski > chiński: 0.07
- chiński > angielski: 0.07
PhD, Certified Attorney&Finance Linguist
1) Name: Simon Du (DU SHI KANG)
2) Gender: Male
3) Date of birth: 30th October, 1973
4) Major: English Literature and Translation
5) Graduated from Beijing Foreign Study University
2. Academic records
1) 1991-1995: Shanghai Foreign Study University, awarded a Bachelor's degree in English Literature;
2) 1995-1998: Beijing Foreign Study University, awarded a Master's degree in English Translation.
3) 1998-2001: Beijing Foreign Study University, awarded a PhD degree
4) TAC (Translators' Association of China) certified in 2000
5) Certified attorney by the Ministry of Justice of the People’s Republic of China in September 2002 (see the certificate below)
6) Awarded a Linguist Certificate in February 2006 by TransPerfect Translations, Inc. for English>Chinese (simplified) translation in financing sector.
7) Shortlisted by Bowne Translation Services in April 2006 in the provision of English>Chinese translation in financing sector.
8) Active or certified translator/linguist of other big names in translation industry, including Merrill Brink International, Language Works and others more.
1) 1993-1998: serve as a freelance translator at a local translation agency in Shanghai and Beijing when I am there to get a Bachelor’s and Master's degree, mainly responsible for translation, editing and proofreading of accounting, arbitration, banking, business, commerce, contract, economy, financing, insurance, IT, law, marketing patent and others like.
2) 1998-2000: serve as a full-time translator and/or compiler at Shanghai Wong & Lee Law Firm Co., Ltd., mainly responsible for legal documentation translation, proofreading and compilation. During the stay there, I was dispatched by the Firm to the United States for on-job training for 6 months, which is really a great opportunity to enhance my English proficiency.
3) 2000-2002: a full-time translator at Shenzhen Oda Translation Agency Co., Ltd.,
mainly responsible for translation/proofreading of commerce, engineering, law, patent, technology and others like. The Agency is famous for its dedication to software localization service for HP (China), SAP (China), IBM, PeopleSoft, Kingdee and other big names, in the translation/localization of CRM, ERP, OLH file, website localization and others like. I'm famous for my good knowledge of CAT tools, Transit, Catalyst, Trados etc, good knowledge and experience of technology, OOPS, J2EE and XML, platform WinNT and UNIX. During the stay there for three years, I accumulated much experience in software translation. I am equipped with all necessary tools for such task, and I’m a veteran in the use of such software.
4) From 2002 on: serve as a full-time freelance translator, proofreader and/or editor, offering professional and affordable service to known foreign translation agencies including Xerox Global Knowledge (Singapore), Bowne Translation Services, TransPerfect Translations, Inc. and other big names in the industry.