Thread poster: ClarisaChaparro
ClarisaChaparro
ClarisaChaparro
Netherlands
Local time: 00:16
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 3, 2010

I have to deliver a translation (html page) in Deja Vu but I've got Trados, does anybody know if conversion into Deja Vu is possible and explain the procedure to do so.

Many thanks in advance.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 01:16
English to Turkish
+ ...
30-day evaluation version Apr 3, 2010

Hi Clarisa,

If the agency uses the Workgroup version of Deja Vu, then they can send you a bilingual version prepared by Deja Vu. You can translate that bilingual file with Trados. Workgroup version can also prepare satellite projects which can be translated by the free DVX Editor version.
Another alternative is the 30-day evaluation version of DVX Professional. You can download
... See more
Hi Clarisa,

If the agency uses the Workgroup version of Deja Vu, then they can send you a bilingual version prepared by Deja Vu. You can translate that bilingual file with Trados. Workgroup version can also prepare satellite projects which can be translated by the free DVX Editor version.
Another alternative is the 30-day evaluation version of DVX Professional. You can download it from http://www.atril.com/downloads/evalregister.asp
Collapse

David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:16
French to English
+ ...
Can't you just deliver the translation ... Apr 3, 2010

ClarisaChaparro wrote:
I have to deliver a translation (html page) in Deja Vu but I've got Trados, does anybody know if conversion into Deja Vu is possible and explain the procedure to do so.

... as an uncleaned or TTX file? Deja Vu will accept that happily using its TWB or TTX filter filter.

[Edited at 2010-04-03 10:30 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

conversion Trados into Deja Vu

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »