Bulgaria
Local time: 18:41
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Aug 27, 2013

Dear All,

I apologize about the elementary question, but I am having problems when trying to edit segments in an existing Déjà Vu X2 TM.

The problem is 3-fold:

1. I need to change a phrase in the English translation of about 30 segments of an existing TM. I opened the TM, did a search for the phrase, the segments were listed.

2. I tried to do a search and replace, but they did not seem to change. This is problem No 1: is there a way to make t
... See more
Dear All,

I apologize about the elementary question, but I am having problems when trying to edit segments in an existing Déjà Vu X2 TM.

The problem is 3-fold:

1. I need to change a phrase in the English translation of about 30 segments of an existing TM. I opened the TM, did a search for the phrase, the segments were listed.

2. I tried to do a search and replace, but they did not seem to change. This is problem No 1: is there a way to make this work by means of a simple search-and-replace?

3. I had to manually edit all segments, which I did. At the last possible moment Déjà Vu X2 crashed and when I reopened it, all edits were lost. This is problem No 2: nobody seems to be able to explain these mysterious crashes of Déjà Vu X2 and no solution is offered.

4. Finally, I tried to edit manually (!) and close Déjà Vu X2 every now and then (!) so as to prevent progress being lost if it crashes. I finally closed Déjà Vu X2 after completing 1/3 of the work manually. When I reopened Déjà Vu X2 all edits were lost. This is problem No 3: is there a special way to instruct Déjà Vu X2 to save the changed segments?

Your suggestions are welcome.

Kind Regards,
Pavel Tsvetkov
Collapse

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:41
Italian to English
In memoriam
SQL Aug 28, 2013

Hi Pavel,

It's been a few years since I used DVX but TM maintenance was always the most daunting aspect of the program, at least for a non-geek like me.

You had - and I imagine still have - to use SQL, as explained in this handy PDF:

http://www.necco.ca/dv/docs/A%20Tinkerer's%20Guide%20to%20SQL%20in%20DVX.pdf

... See more
Hi Pavel,

It's been a few years since I used DVX but TM maintenance was always the most daunting aspect of the program, at least for a non-geek like me.

You had - and I imagine still have - to use SQL, as explained in this handy PDF:

http://www.necco.ca/dv/docs/A%20Tinkerer's%20Guide%20to%20SQL%20in%20DVX.pdf

No doubt someone who uses DVX2 will be able to provide more up-to-date information or maybe you will now be able to find the right page in the help file.
Collapse

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
. Aug 29, 2013

Thank you, Giles!

Pavel Tsvetkov
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
. Aug 31, 2013

I have received a clarification form Atril's support team: the current version of Deja Vu X2 b8.0.633 is faulty: if you sort the view of your translation memory then any changes you make will not be recorded (!)

I have assurances that the bug will be fixed in the next public release in September.

Pavel Tsvetkov
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
Alas... Oct 21, 2013

September is long gone and no fix has been issued

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to edit an existing Déjà Vu X2 Translation Memory

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »