Gudrun Wolfrath
Gudrun Wolfrath  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:39
English to German
+ ...
Jun 5, 2012

on Google platform.

The back arrow works within sites (like proz, dictionaries etc.) though.

Anybody had this problem yet? I am thankful for any help.

Gudrun

George-Cristian Samoilă
George-Cristian Samoilă
English to Romanian
+ ...
Suggestion Jun 5, 2012

Looks like it's a known issue:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/websearch/unexpected-search-results/f7m3WFK_QDQ

One potential work-around I've found:
"In Internet Explorer 9 you can still access this functionality by right clicking either the Back or Forward button (as long as either/bot
... See more
Looks like it's a known issue:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/websearch/unexpected-search-results/f7m3WFK_QDQ

One potential work-around I've found:
"In Internet Explorer 9 you can still access this functionality by right clicking either the Back or Forward button (as long as either/both of those options are available) to see the list that was triggered by the drop down arrow in previous versions of Internet Explorer."

Since this is limited to IE9 and not really fixable, I'd try to use a different browser if possible.
Collapse

Gudrun Wolfrath
Gudrun Wolfrath  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:39
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, George-Cristian. Jun 5, 2012

Meanwhile I have de- and re-installed my entire system, but to no avail.
There really seems to be something wrong with IE9/Google (thanks for your interesting link).

My work-around is Firefox and Google Chrome. Surprisingly Chrome does not show this error.
Gudrun

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Back arrow in IE9 not working

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »