Thread poster: Catharine Cellier-Smart
Catharine Cellier-Smart
Catharine Cellier-Smart  Identity Verified
Reunion
Local time: 21:19
French to English
+ ...
Jan 21, 2015

I've been away from my desktop computer (a Mac) for a while travelling (I was using my Mac laptop while away) and I'd like to have all my Gmail e-mails from while I was away available in Mail (Mac's e-mail application).

In Mail preferences account information I put "recent:" in front of the user name to force a download all e-mails from the previous 30 days, but I still have a gap of about 10 days before that where I'd like to have the e-mails downloaded into Mail, not just in Gmail
... See more
I've been away from my desktop computer (a Mac) for a while travelling (I was using my Mac laptop while away) and I'd like to have all my Gmail e-mails from while I was away available in Mail (Mac's e-mail application).

In Mail preferences account information I put "recent:" in front of the user name to force a download all e-mails from the previous 30 days, but I still have a gap of about 10 days before that where I'd like to have the e-mails downloaded into Mail, not just in Gmail webmail.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

TIA
Collapse

Bruno Fonseca
Bruno Fonseca  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 18:19
English to French
+ ...
IMAP Behavior for Mail Jan 21, 2015

Hi,

On your gmail webserver, click on the little wheel on the top right corner, then click on settings, then on Forwarding POP/IMAP.

Make sure the IMAP access is set to Enable IMAP, if it is and you have the issue you previously stated then perhaps you can dial this number 0805 540 003 I am quite sure they'll help you out.

Good luck!

Bruno

[Edited at 2015-01-21 22:04 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Downloading 'old' Gmail e-mails into Mail

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »