Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]
Off topic: Where translators live (pls. send pics of your cities)
Auteur du fil: Tomás Rosa Bueno
Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Lettonie
Local time: 09:19
Membre (2003)
anglais vers letton/lette
+ ...
Great idea Aug 16, 2004

Tomás Rosa Bueno wrote:

Hi, fellow Prozians,

Last Sunday I was sitting here with nothing urgent to do and had this
idea: a website with pictures of the cities and places where translators
live.

Actually Henry should place on link on ProZ to this site, when it's ready.

Uldis

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Espagne
Local time: 08:19
espagnol vers anglais
+ ...
Ruta de la Plata? Aug 22, 2004

Hi Tomás

That's a great idea....if I understand you right! I imagine the site will eventually feature not just surrounding areas and views, but also offices and all sorts of unusual environments:-)

As it happens, today I was reading up for a cycle trip I plan for next spring along the Ruta de la Plata to Santiago de Compostela (from Seville), and it occurred to me that instead of squeezing it all into two weeks, I could stretch it into a month or more, if I took my la
... See more
Hi Tomás

That's a great idea....if I understand you right! I imagine the site will eventually feature not just surrounding areas and views, but also offices and all sorts of unusual environments:-)

As it happens, today I was reading up for a cycle trip I plan for next spring along the Ruta de la Plata to Santiago de Compostela (from Seville), and it occurred to me that instead of squeezing it all into two weeks, I could stretch it into a month or more, if I took my laptop. That way i could travel at a leisurely pace, taking time out to explore places.

In theory freelance translators can work from anywhere, but obviously, in practice there will be problems. But I don't see why a friend can't keep up with my emails. And if I get a big job I can just cycle fast to the next town with an Internet café, and/or book into a hotel for a few days:-) The idea would be to do work that I am familiar with, i.e. for regular clients. It is genuinely hard to take time off sometimes, so maybe the solution is to plan working holidays.

So maybe I will be able to prove that I can really can work from anywhere. Roll on springtime....and surprise locations:-)
Collapse

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where translators live (pls. send pics of your cities)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »