Open Office - creating mailing labels using mail merge and a database
Thread poster: Andy S
Andy S
Andy S
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:08
German to English
Feb 22, 2013

Having bought a new Windows 7 PC I find that trusty old MS Works, which I used for many years to create mailing labels, no longer fully functions under Windows 7.

However I have managed to save the old .wdb format database I want to use in .xls format, as well as an Open Office spreadsheet and database.

Now I go to Open Office Writer, click File>New>Labels and a dialogue box appears.

I select the database, but no database fields are showing
... See more
Having bought a new Windows 7 PC I find that trusty old MS Works, which I used for many years to create mailing labels, no longer fully functions under Windows 7.

However I have managed to save the old .wdb format database I want to use in .xls format, as well as an Open Office spreadsheet and database.

Now I go to Open Office Writer, click File>New>Labels and a dialogue box appears.

I select the database, but no database fields are showing up to insert into the address window. Can anyone help, please?
Collapse

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 18:08
English to German
XP Mode in Windows 7? Feb 23, 2013

Andrew Stucken wrote:

Maybe MS Works works in the XP Mode of Windows 7.

Andy S
Andy S
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:08
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Home premium Feb 23, 2013

This would indeed be the simplest solution but I am running Home premium 64 bit which does not support the mode you mention.

[Edited at 2013-02-23 14:43 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open Office - creating mailing labels using mail merge and a database

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »