ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:55
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 4, 2021

Hi,
I've been using Office 365 on a Mac for about 3 years, so far without any problems. Today, however, printer problems have suddenly appeared (HP printer). In Word documents only small "rectangles" are printed instead of letters. PDF and other documents print without problems. I have already uninstalled the printer and set it up again - nothing helps. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? The problem appeared abruptly: Yesterday morning everything worked normally, in the a
... See more
Hi,
I've been using Office 365 on a Mac for about 3 years, so far without any problems. Today, however, printer problems have suddenly appeared (HP printer). In Word documents only small "rectangles" are printed instead of letters. PDF and other documents print without problems. I have already uninstalled the printer and set it up again - nothing helps. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? The problem appeared abruptly: Yesterday morning everything worked normally, in the afternoon not anymore. I don't think it has anything to do with the printer itself. There are two other computers connected to the printer and everything works just fine from there. Strangely, I can't print the Word files correctly even saved as PDF. I have to save them as PostScript, then open them via Preview and then it works. "Normal" PDFs, on the other hand, are printed correctly. The whole thing is a complete mystery to me!
Collapse

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:55
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Aug 4, 2021

... after all other computers connected to the printer started having the same problem as well, we contacted HP support. Seems to be current problem and can be "solved" by installing a Postscript printer driver (which means that you can't chose between black/white and colour printing, but at least it works).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Printing problems with Microsoft Office on Mac

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »