Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:10
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
May 5, 2008

I have just logged in on my IGoogle page which I find extremely useful and I had a thought - how wonderful it would be if Proz.com came up with some Google gadgets http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/index.html

And for example if I could see the latest forum posts or maybe the latest jobs or Kudoz questions in a small window somewhere on my IGoogle page. I understand that you
... See more
I have just logged in on my IGoogle page which I find extremely useful and I had a thought - how wonderful it would be if Proz.com came up with some Google gadgets http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/index.html

And for example if I could see the latest forum posts or maybe the latest jobs or Kudoz questions in a small window somewhere on my IGoogle page. I understand that you want to maximize traffic on Proz.com but I think that such gadget would not divert traffic away from your homepage but rather increase it - realistically there are many more people who keep open IGoogle tab all day long than people who do the same with www.proz.com but once something interesting would appear in such gadget going to Proz.com would take just one click.

Best Regards
Stanislaw

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-05-05 22:37]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:10
SITE FOUNDER
Sounds like a good idea May 5, 2008

Thanks, Stanislaw. We'll have a look and see what can be done.

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 10:10
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Good idea May 5, 2008

My full support. Also it would help to promote ProZ.

Uldis
Stanislaw Czech wrote:
realistically there are many more people who keep open IGoogle tab all day long than people who do the same with www.proz.com but once something interesting would appear in such gadget going to Proz.com would take just one click.

[Rediģēts plkst. 2008-05-05 22:43]

Rad Graban (X)
Rad Graban (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:10
English to Slovak
+ ...
Was going to ask about the same May 6, 2008

I'm building my first website and wanted to ask ProZ.com, if I could have a link in the form of box with ProZ logo and job postings in my language pair. Obviously, once the posted job is clicked on, people would be redirected to ProZ.com website.
I will submit a support ticket about and will let you know.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How wonderful it would be if Proz.com came up with some Google gadgets

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »