Happy International Translators Day!
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Irene Liang
Irene Liang
Local time: 09:54
English to Chinese
+ ...
happy day! Oct 1, 2005

I love this place,but we have not got any job from it !

ALMERCANA
ALMERCANA  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 02:54
English to Arabic
+ ...
Happy translators! Happy world! Oct 1, 2005

"Tradutore Traditorie"! that's what italians said!
I found proz and eversince I am feeling I am part of a good and helpful group of people who serve the humanity. We serve the humanity by making communication easier than ever, enhancing cultural exchange, promoting mutual work. We work for the sake of a human world where noone excludes noone, where words replace bullets, where peace prevails. We, the translators, are able to change the world if we understand our mission.
Skimming thr
... See more
"Tradutore Traditorie"! that's what italians said!
I found proz and eversince I am feeling I am part of a good and helpful group of people who serve the humanity. We serve the humanity by making communication easier than ever, enhancing cultural exchange, promoting mutual work. We work for the sake of a human world where noone excludes noone, where words replace bullets, where peace prevails. We, the translators, are able to change the world if we understand our mission.
Skimming throughout the pages of history we should realize that civilizations have never overwhelmed without the help of translators. Our mission is great! So let's go beyond words, let's translate emotions, let's proz!
Happy translation day!
Nabil
Collapse

Gisela Re
Gisela Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
Happy Day!! to Henry and to all Prozians Oct 1, 2005

I just wanted to share what we [Naty & myself] created for this special day:

Enjoy!
G*

... See more
I just wanted to share what we [Naty & myself] created for this special day:

Enjoy!
G*

[Edited at 2005-10-01 03:18]

[Edited at 2005-10-01 04:38]
Collapse

Carmen Barrero
Carmen Barrero  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Happy day and good work to everybody! Oct 1, 2005

Let's this day be the beginning of a whole-new professional life for all of us and a promising start for the beginners.
Congratulations, Henry!
AA

Mona Ragaei
Mona Ragaei
Kuwait
Local time: 04:54
Arabic
+ ...
Happy translators' day Oct 1, 2005

TO every proz member
Happy translators' day

Marie Madeleine Glück
Marie Madeleine Glück  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
Happy International Translators Day! Oct 1, 2005

Henry wrote:

From the staff of ProZ.com, Happy International Translators Day!

September 30 is International Translators' Day, and the International Federation of Translators has chosen to make "Rights of the Translator" its theme for the day. They write: "The right to express oneself in one’s language. The right to be served in one’s language. The right to information. The right to culture. The right to knowledge. The right to a fair trial. The right to legal aid. These rights, now known as human rights, could not be respected if no translator was present."

On this occasion, we would like to congratulate and thank you for your services as translators and for your contributions and support of the site--and industry--as ProZ.com members. From KudoZ to the Blue Board, at powwows and conferences, whether sharing daytime tips or offering late-night assistance, you have ushered in a new era of collaboration--and strength--for translators. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to dedicate ProZ.com to serving you.

The ProZ.com Team

Marie Madeleine Glück
Marie Madeleine Glück  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
Happy International Translators Day! Oct 1, 2005

Dear Sir,

I finally find the right page to put my note.

It was a great idea to create this job forum. I hate to go to job interviews, so I can do my interviews right from my living room or bedroom. I enjoy working at home and create my own work environment. I can take a lunch break when I want to and work for whomever I want to. I have a great crowd of co-workers supporting me and a great staff support from proZ. I am greatful and hope to earn enough money to keep
... See more
Dear Sir,

I finally find the right page to put my note.

It was a great idea to create this job forum. I hate to go to job interviews, so I can do my interviews right from my living room or bedroom. I enjoy working at home and create my own work environment. I can take a lunch break when I want to and work for whomever I want to. I have a great crowd of co-workers supporting me and a great staff support from proZ. I am greatful and hope to earn enough money to keep up with my Platinum membership. I receive a lot of job notices but I don´t post for a job unless I am sure that I can return a perfect translation. One of these days I will get a job I am qualified for and both parties will be happy.

Thank you for all your efforts.
[...edited...]

Best wishes!

Madeleine
Collapse

Hipyan Nopri
Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 08:54
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Happy International Translators Day to All Prozcomers! Oct 1, 2005

On this pleasant occasion I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Henry, the site founder, and all the staff. Your site is really helpful both to translators and outsourcers alike. You really unite both parties on this site.

Mariana Idiart
Mariana Idiart  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
That's just it! Oct 1, 2005

Marie Madeleine Glück wrote:

I enjoy working at home and create my own work environment. I can take a lunch break when I want to and work for whomever I want to. I have a great crowd of co-workers supporting me and a great staff support from proZ.

Madeleine

We are so lucky!! We have Proz, our profession is just great, our colleagues are always ready to help and share with us: what else could we possibly ask for?

Well said Madeleine! And, although a day late, let me wish all a happy translator's day!

Love and hugZ!

Mariana

yam2u
yam2u  Identity Verified
United States
English to Malay
+ ...
Happy International Translators Day to Colleagues Worldwide Oct 1, 2005

and a big thank you to Henry and his team for bringing us together in ProZ!

-may-
NYC

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
I nominate one Oct 2, 2005

Harry_B wrote:

I was thinking about posting an appropriate image, but there are too many.

Although apart from the computer, the web, and ProZ.com it seems there have not been many changes in our working environment..

Personally I like this one: http://www.khm.at/system2E.html?/staticE/page722.html A scantily-clad unshaven gentleman in his best years, who seems to be enjoying the benefit of ethereal inspiration.

One of the other images describes St. Jerome as being irascible. I like the idea of having an irascible patron saint.

A belated happy day to all and special thanks to Henry and team for their sterling work. Proz is superb for learning, networking and indeed forging lasting friendships.

Best regards to all
Chris

Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
lovely image Oct 2, 2005

Textklick wrote:
Personally I like this one: http://www.khm.at/system2E.html?/staticE/page722.html A scantily-clad unshaven gentleman in his best years, who seems to be enjoying the benefit of ethereal inspiration.

Kinda makes you feel a little less guilty about working in your pajamas

All Best,

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator, EUTI/UAB
[email protected]
www.accentonspanish.com

Novato
Novato
Local time: 19:54
English to Spanish
Happy translators day for everyone!!!!! Sep 28, 2007

I just want to say that I am very new in Proz.com... but it has been very helpful to resolve complex problems... thanks for those that helped me and have a great translators day!!!

Up the translators!!!!!

cheers for you guys!!!!!!!!!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Happy International Translators Day!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »