Improve your "shop window" and win an iPod!
Thread poster: Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:51
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Feb 5, 2008

Having a complete profile is one way to help ensure that you get the most out of your ProZ.com experience.

Consider thinking of your profile as a “shop window”, to be filled with the best you have to offer. The more complete and attractive your shop window, the more likely you are to appeal to new clients and new colleagues alike! A few minutes spent making sure your profile is complete can pay off for years to come.

This year, as always, ongoing improvements are p
... See more
Having a complete profile is one way to help ensure that you get the most out of your ProZ.com experience.

Consider thinking of your profile as a “shop window”, to be filled with the best you have to offer. The more complete and attractive your shop window, the more likely you are to appeal to new clients and new colleagues alike! A few minutes spent making sure your profile is complete can pay off for years to come.

This year, as always, ongoing improvements are planned for profiles. For example, an enhanced interface for rates information has just been announced. New profile formats will also be released for corporate members, and students. Enhancements to usability and appearance are also planned.

Of course, the data in profiles is only as useful as it is current. This is the first of our campaigns planned for 2008, aimed at keeping your profile up-to-date, which is good business for you (and also for the whole ProZ.com community.)

You can update your profile using your profile updater. And if you start now, you can win some free prizes too.

A draw will be held from among all users (members or not) who by February 15th, 2008 have completed all 10 required fields and all 7 encouraged fields in their profiles. Three winners will be chosen.
  • First prize: an iPod
  • Second prize: a year ProZ.com membership
  • Third prize: a six-months ProZ.com membership

Please note that in many of these fields, you may choose the option to decline to enter the data at this time.

Remember to put your shop window together with care, and put a great profile to work for you. If you need any help in doing this, feel free to ask for help by submitting a support request.

Best regards,
Enrique
Collapse

Eric Daimay
Eric Daimay  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:51
English to French
+ ...
Again ? Feb 6, 2008

Has this contest something to do with the previous 'complete your profile' contest that just took place in late December 2007? Have winners been announced for that December contest?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Profile improvement is an ongoing process Feb 6, 2008

Dear ednola,

The initiative to improve profiles is ongoing, yes. These improvements help to strengthen each profile, and the community as a whole. The previous contest and its winners can be seen here: http://www.proz.com/topic/91978

Best regards,

Jared

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Both contests are part of the same program Feb 6, 2008

ednola wrote:

Has this contest something to do with the previous 'complete your profile' contest that just took place in late December 2007? Have winners been announced for that December contest?

The contest is related because it is part of the same program.

The winners of the last contest were announced here

Regards,
Enrique

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
How do I know if I am eligible to participate in the drawing? Feb 7, 2008

A new feature has been added to profiles to allow you to easily see the status of completion of the required and encouraged fields in your profile updater, and to show this to others if you wish. Once your required and encouraged fields are complete, a check mark will appear before your name at the top of your profile. Mousing over this icon will tell you its visibility status, and by clicking on the icon you can control whether or not you show ... See more
A new feature has been added to profiles to allow you to easily see the status of completion of the required and encouraged fields in your profile updater, and to show this to others if you wish. Once your required and encouraged fields are complete, a check mark will appear before your name at the top of your profile. Mousing over this icon will tell you its visibility status, and by clicking on the icon you can control whether or not you show this to those visiting your profile.

If you do not see the completion icon in your profile, please visit your profile updater to start strengthening your profile and the ProZian community as a whole, and participate in the drawing too!
Collapse

dcanossa
dcanossa  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Question Feb 11, 2008

Is there any possibility that "WWA" would not be required to be able to participate of this draw? As I have contacted my 3 out-of-proz clients asking them to sign my WWA, which they did, but now I find that unless they have an entry from another ProZ user, my WWA won't be complete in my profile updater. Of course, my clients do not use ProZ and therefore they don't (and probably won't) have any Blue Board entry from another ProZ user. So, while I have done my part to have it complete (and have e... See more
Is there any possibility that "WWA" would not be required to be able to participate of this draw? As I have contacted my 3 out-of-proz clients asking them to sign my WWA, which they did, but now I find that unless they have an entry from another ProZ user, my WWA won't be complete in my profile updater. Of course, my clients do not use ProZ and therefore they don't (and probably won't) have any Blue Board entry from another ProZ user. So, while I have done my part to have it complete (and have even "bothered" my clients to ask a favor), my profile updater is still incomplete and I am not able to participate on the draw. I would think that as this is something that is out of translators' hands, it should not be required for this draft. I am rather new to ProZ, therefore, I have not gotten any job through this system yet.

I would appreciate if you would revisit the requirements for this draw.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Best regards,
Diego Canossa
Collapse

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
These entries convey positive feedback to your profile Feb 13, 2008

Hi Diego,

A "green" icon in the WWA area of the profile is a requirement for the contest, but the contest is just a funny way to help translators focus on their profiles.

The real benefit you get from your WWA entries is the positive feedback it conveys from customers (just like a good Blue Board entry reflects positively on an outsourcer).

Regards,
Enrique

Oana Moisuc
Oana Moisuc  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Results Feb 18, 2008

When will we know the winner ?

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
And the winners are... Feb 18, 2008

• Thomas Weber won the IPod

• Elenka Ganeva won a year ProZ.com membership

• Metodi Gerasimov won a six-months ProZ.com membership

Congratulation to the winners and to the many, many users who have invested some time to dress their shop windows!

Regards,
    Enrique Cavalitto

• To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Improve your "shop window" and win an iPod!

CafeTran Espresso
    You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
    TM-Town
    Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »