Peter Newmark, Professor of Translation at the University of Surrey, died on 12 July 2011 at the age of 95

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Peter Newmark, Professor of Translation at the University of Surrey, died on 12 July 2011 at the age of 95".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

brigpeach
brigpeach
Royaume-Uni
Local time: 12:31
My condolences Jul 19, 2011

I am very sad to hear this news. I have been honoured on numerous occasions to listen to Professor Newmark when he passed on some of his knowledge to Members of the Chartered Institute of Linguists.

He will be sadly missed.

Natalia Elo
Natalia Elo  Identity Verified
Allemagne
Local time: 13:31
anglais vers russe
+ ...
My deepest condolences Jul 19, 2011

to Professor Newmark's family and to everone in the translation world.

Rest in peace

Natalia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Peter Newmark, Professor of Translation at the University of Surrey, died on 12 July 2011 at the age of 95

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »