Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:58
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
May 14, 2009

G'day everyone

Having recently reinstalled my entire computer, I find that I can't see ICE and 100% matches in Idiom Desktop. A client sent me an Idiom file and swears that there are hundreds of ICEs and 100% matches, and he wants me to proofread them, but... Idiom doesn't give me the option to view ICEs or 100%es in the filter dropdown list, and I can't figure out how to enable it either. The client is unavailable for a week, but I'd like to solve this problem sooner rather than
... See more
G'day everyone

Having recently reinstalled my entire computer, I find that I can't see ICE and 100% matches in Idiom Desktop. A client sent me an Idiom file and swears that there are hundreds of ICEs and 100% matches, and he wants me to proofread them, but... Idiom doesn't give me the option to view ICEs or 100%es in the filter dropdown list, and I can't figure out how to enable it either. The client is unavailable for a week, but I'd like to solve this problem sooner rather than later. Does anyone know any tricks?

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:58
English to Spanish
Idiom users forum May 14, 2009

Samuel, there is an Idiom users forum somewhere in the Web. It has a subscription service so one is always being updated as to what users are finding and discussing. I believe it is this one: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldServerDesktopWorkbench/summary

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Re-export from WorldServer and check filter settings May 14, 2009

Hello Samuel,

When I had this problem once, it was down to the fact that on WorldServer side someone inadvertently activated a filter that prevented ICE matches from being included in the XLZ file when exporting.

If you click on "Translate / in Desktop Workbench", in fact you never get to see this filter setting. You have to click on "Export" to see it, at least you could in earlier versions, I'm not sure about the current version. If you don't see the setting there eit
... See more
Hello Samuel,

When I had this problem once, it was down to the fact that on WorldServer side someone inadvertently activated a filter that prevented ICE matches from being included in the XLZ file when exporting.

If you click on "Translate / in Desktop Workbench", in fact you never get to see this filter setting. You have to click on "Export" to see it, at least you could in earlier versions, I'm not sure about the current version. If you don't see the setting there either, your client needs to look on their side (or ask Idiom support where they can verify this setting).

I can't check myself as I don't currently have a project open in WorldServer.

Endre

PS: Do you see the ICE matches in Browser Workbench? If you don't, chances are that you won't be able to unearth them without cooperation from the client.

[Bearbeitet am 2009-05-14 12:12 GMT]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Aah, wonderful! May 14, 2009

Endre Both wrote:
If you click on "Translate / in Desktop Workbench", in fact you never get to see this filter setting. You have to click on "Export" to see it, at least you could in earlier versions, I'm not sure about the current version.

Yes, you've got it!

Do you see the ICE matches in Browser Workbench?

Yes I can but who in his right mind uses the Browser Workbench (cute feature though it may be)?

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
BWB May 14, 2009

Samuel Murray wrote:
who in his right mind uses the Browser Workbench

I certainly don't (sometimes with mini-projects I am tempted to skip the overhead of exporting and importing, but every time I give in I resolve not to do it again). I just mentioned it as a way to verify whether the ICE matches are actually there.

Endre

Boyan Brezinsky
Boyan Brezinsky  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 10:58
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Build a query manually May 15, 2009

Samuel Murray wrote:

G'day everyone

Having recently reinstalled my entire computer, I find that I can't see ICE and 100% matches in Idiom Desktop. A client sent me an Idiom file and swears that there are hundreds of ICEs and 100% matches, and he wants me to proofread them, but... Idiom doesn't give me the option to view ICEs or 100%es in the filter dropdown list, and I can't figure out how to enable it either. The client is unavailable for a week, but I'd like to solve this problem sooner rather than later. Does anyone know any tricks?

Thanks
Samuel
The filter drop-down list contains entries "Repeated and repetitions", "Repeated only", "Repetitions only". In addition, you can define your own SQL query - the dialog that pops up has this button "Build status expression" that allows one to specify the criteria via a menu, without knowing the specific columns/keywords/operators.
Actually, I just realized that the filter list is built dynamically. It shows all the types of segments that are in the current file. E. g. in one of my files the filter list contains an entry "With Comments", since I've worked on that file and added comments. The other file that I haven't started working on has no such entry, but instead has an entry "100% auto propagated" (something that is missing so far from the first file).
So if you don't see an ICE match entry in the filter list, but you see such matches in the project, probably the software got confused. Try manually building an SQL query.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Idiom Desktop: How to show ICE and 100% matches

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »