Auteur du fil: Roy Zhang
Roy Zhang
Roy Zhang
Local time: 16:40
anglais vers chinois
+ ...
Mar 12, 2005

Dear Proz fellows,

I propose to host Proz Beijing Member Seminar to gain win-win situation for all of us. Please kindly visit http://www.proz.com/powwow/649 for details.

Best regards,

Hui

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:40
Membre (2003)
anglais vers chinois
+ ...
Thank you for organizing a new round of Powwow in China! Mar 13, 2005

Hello, Hui (Roy Zhang) and all the friends,

Thank you for organizing a new round of Powwow in China! As far as I remember, this will be counted as the second Powwow in China. The first time was successfully held in Hangzhou by Zoudan, weiwei, Yongmei, etc. Please get in touch with them if you would like their suggestions. There was an effort made for the second Powwow in Shenzhen, but I was told it did not work out at the end.

I welcome your goodwill of connecting the
... See more
Hello, Hui (Roy Zhang) and all the friends,

Thank you for organizing a new round of Powwow in China! As far as I remember, this will be counted as the second Powwow in China. The first time was successfully held in Hangzhou by Zoudan, weiwei, Yongmei, etc. Please get in touch with them if you would like their suggestions. There was an effort made for the second Powwow in Shenzhen, but I was told it did not work out at the end.

I welcome your goodwill of connecting the translators. You have my bless to the success of this round of Powwow in Beijing. Please let me know if I can help you in any form. Please be sure email me 4-5 photos of your happy gathering. I will post them in this folder in Chinese Forum.

Be safe in travel!

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-03-13 18:42]
Collapse

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taïwan
anglais vers chinois
+ ...
要不是撞期的話... Mar 14, 2005

要不是這個北京會議和 http://www.proz.com/powwow/629 撞期的話,我也很想過來認識些中國翻譯人呢.

以目前市場發展趨勢來看, 台灣業者到中國設公司的情況很普遍, 經營的方式大體上也和他們在台灣的做法相同. 目前市場發展重心為對中國境內外資企業客戶的競爭, 但將來會翻轉過來以本國大型企業對外文宣的翻譯為有利可圖的方向. 據我所知, 有些業者已經開始進行佈署--比較敏感的 freelancers 應該會注意到這樣的趨勢.

如果可能的話, 台灣與中國的翻譯人應該多做交流. 我個人非常歡迎中國翻譯人能與台灣翻譯人保持市場觀察及譯事理論和實務見解的交流.

Roy Zhang
Roy Zhang
anglais vers chinois
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Thank you guys! Mar 14, 2005

Hi fellows,

Thank you very much for the encouragement and suggestions! I am working out the method of using netmeeting or skype for remote access to the seminar.

I will follow up and provide detailed meeting schedule on Proz for your reference. If you have any good ideas, please dont' hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Roy

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
Royaume-Uni
Local time: 09:40
anglais vers chinois
+ ...
Any updates? Mar 28, 2005

Roy Zhang wrote:

Hi fellows,

Thank you very much for the encouragement and suggestions! I am working out the method of using netmeeting or skype for remote access to the seminar.

I will follow up and provide detailed meeting schedule on Proz for your reference. If you have any good ideas, please dont' hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Roy

Hi Roy,

Any updates so far? I hope more Chinese translators could register and take part. This time it is so near my hometown Tianjin. Hey guys come on and join!

Roy Zhang
Roy Zhang
anglais vers chinois
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
POWWOW China News from CTL Apr 8, 2005

Beijing, China (2005-05-01 14:00:00)
Proz Member Seminar Beijing

Dear Proz fellows,

Thank you all for the support and input. Special thanks to Gavin and Jianjun for the valuable advices. For those who want to make speeches at the meeting, please send your ppt.document with title "PROZ_POWWOW_SpeechName_YourNam
... See more
Beijing, China (2005-05-01 14:00:00)
Proz Member Seminar Beijing

Dear Proz fellows,

Thank you all for the support and input. Special thanks to Gavin and Jianjun for the valuable advices. For those who want to make speeches at the meeting, please send your ppt.document with title "PROZ_POWWOW_SpeechName_YourName" to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected]. The update information for seminar is available as follows:

Latest Update:

Seminar Location: East Area, 6th Floor, Beike Building , No.27 Xi San Huan Bei Road , Haidian District 100089, Beijing , PRC.
(中国北京海淀区西三环路 27 号北科大厦 6 层东区)

Seminar program schedule:
· Registration Deadline: April 28th, 2005
· Seminar Registration: 13:30 - 14:00 pm,please bring your business card or name card.
· Seminar Kickoff: 14:00 - 14:45 pm, CTL and guest speech and Q&A.
· Seminar Break: 14:45 - 15:00 pm, Tea break.
· Seminar Discussion: 15:00 - 16:30 pm, Topic Discussion.
· Seminar Wrap-up: 16:30 - 17:00 pm, Summarization and confirmation for next seminar arrangement.
· Barco, net meeting, skype and necessary devices are provided upon requirement
· Meeting room accommodating 20 – 40 people; Tea, Coffee, cokes, cookies served for free, no alcohol, nor smoking at the meeting room.

Participants
· Proz members
· Non-proz translators, PMs and engineers
· Any interested persons

Topics
1.How we work or compete with each other in a fair and regulated environment?
2. How we evaluate the credit of foreign outsourcers?
3. How we quote the best possible rate for projects?
4. How we keep close communication to bid for big projects successfully?
5. How we manage project process and quality when we work as a team of freelancers?
6. Who and what are we?
7. How to unify together to bid for different projects?
8.From Gavin Cui: How to attract direct Foreign customers and outsourcers?
Extended ideas from CTL: What advantages/disadvantages for internet bidding strategy, skills, timing we Chinese translators should consider?
9. CATEP Tools and Skills

Contact Organizer
Please send your mail and questions via proz or [email protected]/[email protected]
Or give a call to 86-10-68487347

LET'S MEET IN BEIJING!

Best regards,

Chsoft Cross Translation Labs (CTL)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow China - Chinese Proz Member Seminar in Beijing

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »